November 30th 2009 - We did it!

1 minute read time.

This morning mum got up and announced it was a nice sunny day and we were going out!  We had breakfast, got ready, and were out by 11am.  It is very cold here but the sun was shining and mum said it was nice to get out of the house.

We went to Oswaldwistle Mills where we browsed around for half an hour before going to the coffee shop and having a bit of lunch.  Mum then bought two new tops and some sheets and pillowcases, normality!  We were only out for about two hours but she enjoyed it, even though she felt tired and her leg was sore.  She has just gone up to bed for a wee sleep.

The biggest issue for her now seems to be her calf which continues to be painful even though she has been taking the amitriptyline for almost a week.  Her pain around her lung niggled slightly on the way home but she has taken two paracetamol and if that doesn't work she'll take the oramorph.  Since she started with the MT she has not had to have any oramorph but she is supposed to take 2 paracetamol every 4 hours and she hasn't been taking them as she feels they make her sweat.  I don't think they do, I think that's down to her cancer. 

I've got someone coming to give me a quote for a stairlift at 5pm tonight just incase social services say we can't have one and I decide to buy one myself.  Ofcourse mum says there's no way I'm buying one but I've told her it'll just give me an idea of cost if she changes her mind.

Anonymous