November 29th 2009 - Lots of sleeping!

1 minute read time.

We had hoped to go out for an hour today, however, we didn't.  The weather was cold, wet and windy but more to the point mum is just so tired.  She is fine when she's awake and says she feels better but is sleeping so much.

This morning she got up about 10am.  She took her meds and had her breakfast before going back to bed.  She got up about 1pm, had some lunch and went back to bed.  She got up at about 4pm and has just gone back to bed now at 10.45pm.  She did have a wee lie down on the sofa about 6pm but didn't sleep as the phone rang.  Each time she goes to bed she falls fast asleep really quickly.  She enjoys reading but is not even managing a couple of pages before she is spark out.  She has also slept well through the night for the past four nights

We plan to go out tomorrow if the weather's better and she can stay awake long enough.  I feel really sorry for her as she does feel ok and being so sleepy is frustrating her!  So she has had another good day.  She continues to eat well, has not been sick, is doing well with the stopping smoking, her breathing is better and she is rarely coughing.  I suppose that's a huge improvement when I think about it but I just want her to be less sleepy so that she can get out for an hour or two which is what she really wants and needs.

I wonder whether it is all the other meds that are causing the tiredness as they all say they can cause drowsiness, an understatement!  I think the slow release morphine (MT) is possibly the biggest problem but it has kept her pain free which is great.

Oh well Tomorrow is another day!  

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

oramorph allways makes me sleepy and after chemo i get sleepy for a while.....hope the weather changes and its a decent day on monday....oo its monday now...we are planning to go to hull to see my mum today....having to stay in can be sooo depressing i know i hate it when i cant get out, hope you all have a decent day

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Both the Chemo and the morphine will make you mum sleepy. The Morphine does also tend to make you dream and talk in your sleep (not always) but it is a small price to pay for being pain free.

There is no way at the moment I could take my husband out as he falls asleep mid conversation. But perhaps that is deliberate. !!

Love to you mum

Teri