November 28th 2009 - another good day!

1 minute read time.

Not a lot to say tonight.  Mum has had another good day.  She has slept a lot but has had no pain and says she feels better in herself.  I know she's feeling better as she has been a bit bored not having been out since her chemo just under 2 weeks ago.  I'm still wary of her going into crowded shops etc but have accepted that she is going stir crazy and needs to get out.

So tomorrow if she feels ok we're going to go to Oswaldwistle mills.  It's only 10-15 minutes drive and isn't too large although it will probably be busy.  There is an outdoor garden centre so if it's dry we'll wrap up and have a wander round there.  I appreciate there is no point in her going through the chemo etc if she's just going to sit around the house so we will give it a go.  I will have to try not to be too protective, I will probably spend the time looking at everyone and checking that there's no one with a sniffle, cough etc.  She told me today to stop watching her every move, another sign she's feeling brighter as she's not noticed before.

I do think she is coughing less and that she is not quite as breathless as she was; so lots of positives! 

Anonymous
  • Hi Caroline

Glad that your Mum has had a good day. I went out during chemo but just avoided crowds. Did not travel by public transport either.

Am sure your Mum will enjoy the trip out.

I got sick of the four walls esp my bedroom. Was working full time before dx and it took me a long time to come to terms with all the changes in my life.

How is the non smoking going?  

6 weeks now for me but it is not easy.

Love

Sue x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Celi, by now you've had a trip out with your mum and I'm sure mum enjoyed seeing a little of her world. Love Linda