November 22nd 2009 - mum feeling sick for first time

1 minute read time.

Mum forgot to take her anti-sickness meds last night and got up this morning feeling really sick.  She took one and went back to bed saying she felt awful.  She got up again about 11 and felt rough so she took another one.  All in all she had 4 today instead of the three she is supposed to have but she did feel better as the day went on and enjoyed her dinner.

I offered to buy her a mobility scooter today as she gets very tired even walking short distances but she won't hear of it.  She says she won't have one of those until she really needs it!  Hey ho another idea to make her life easier thwarted!

She talked about florida next summer again tonight.  I feel awful as I've cancelled it because we discussed it and agreed it was better to do that but she seems to have forgotten.  She said tonight she didn't think we would be able to go because of insurance costs and went on to say how much she was looking forward to it.  She then suggested we go without insurance.  I told her I wouldn't do that and we could go somewhere closer to home when she felt better but didn't say I'd cancelled.  I feel awful that I didn't tell her I'd already cancelled but I know how much she wants to go again and because she was poorly when we were there this year we had booked 3 weeks as we love it so much.  We normally go with friends but were just going ourselves this time and were planning on just relaxing around the pool, shopping and eating nice meals.  I'm very sad just thinking about it I so wanted her to go.  That's all for tonight.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dont tell your mum about the holiday, if she thinks she has that to look forward to it might help her to get threw her treatment, what ever the outcome.My

hubby is having a hip replacement after

christmas, his in a lot of pain and finding it hard to walk, he loves being out whatever the weather so i was talking about getting a mobility scooter for him,

well you thought i had booked him a seat to the moon, he went mad, not ready for that at the moment if you dont mind

he said. Well i think thy look fun, could

do with one myself when i have to drag

shopping home. lol.Look after yourself

you need to be strong on this journey.

With Love Lucylee. xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Lucylee.  I also fancy a scooter but mum, like your hubby, says she's no need for one.  At least I know she's got plenty of fight in her!  Thanks for your kind words and I remain determined to stay strong and do whatever she wants.  The decisions are hers not mine.

love Caroline XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi - dont worry about the holiday - as they say, let her look forward to somethign. if she is still well, perhaps you could look into booking somethign nearer the time.  My mum has been to the shops yesterday, something she hasnt done since august, so i think just take it one day at a time. I am worn out by mum at the moment, cos she is good (shouldnt complain) but she wants to do stuff asap cos she feels well!!!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

That's great Jackie.  I look forward to the day mum feels well enough to run me ragged! XX