November 18th 2009 - 2nd day after chemo

1 minute read time.

Mum slept much better last night and after her anti-sickness and etoposide this morning went back to bed and slept for another couple of hours.  She is really trying not to smoke and has only had 3 cigs today so far which is fab!  She is very tired today and has gone back up to bed for another sleep just after her lunch.  No feelings of nausea so far, just the tiredness. 

Her breathing seems less noisy today.  I can normally hear her wheezing from the opposite side of the room.  Christine the CNS called today, 5 days after I first left a message!  I took the form for the blue badge over to her this afternoon and she's going to get it processed.  She also contacted the smoking cessation nurse for us and she has rung and made an appointment to come and see us on Monday evening.  Mum and I are determined to give up but do feel we can only do it with support. 

So all quite positive today although the pattern has been that mum has felt more down in the evenings.  I'm hoping that if she has plenty of sleep, and with her having really cut down on the cigs today so far, that tonight might be a better night.  I'm going for a flu jab tomorrow but we've still not heard about the swine flu jab.  I've read a lot of mixed views about whether mum should have this so if anyone reading this is a patient undergoing chemo and has had the swine flu jab can you tell me how it went and whether you would advise mum to have it?  That's it for today which has so far been a 'GOOD DAY!'. 

Anonymous
  • Hi Caroline

Glad your Mum has had such a good day and has only had 3 ciggies. A good result. How are you doing?

I have of course finished my treatment and have had a flu jab and one for pneumonia. Am not in the first tranche to receive a swine flu jab but I think I would have one if it is offered.

Your Mum's oncologist would be the best person to ask if he/she thinks she the swine flu jab is a good thing for her to have.

Love

Sue x x x