May 30th 2010 - Mum a lot better today except for a small hiccup!

1 minute read time.

Mum has been up since 8am and has not felt tired at all.  She has suffered less pain when eating although the big test will come shortly when she has some more solid food for dinner (just eaten, she struggled a bit).  She felt so good she's cleared out all her drawers in her bedroom and sorted out her summer gear ready for our holiday on July 31st!  Next she tackled the ironing.  Everything was going great and I had spent all my time on chat praying for Charly and waiting for Anna's next update. 

Then mum shouted on me from the backyard. Here comes the small hiccup! When I went out her hand was dripping with blood!  She had decided the washing line needed cleaning, don't ask!  She had tripped over (mangled) the clothes prop and fallen down onto her knees onto the concrete patio.  On the way down her fingers had dragged down the wall!  So she now has a chunk out of one of her knuckles to match the one that has just about healed on her elbow from when she fell down the stairs a couple of weeks ago!  Thankfully other than that she seems fine although I'd guess she might have one or two bruises in the morning and possibly feel a bit.

Having patched her up I returned to chat to find that Anna had posted that Charly was still fighting and had proved the Doctors wrong passing the 24 hour milestone.  Anna posted again at just after 5 tonight and Charly is continuing to fight.  This is one strong little girl!  So keep praying for Charly as she is not quite out of the woods yet.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ouch!

Poor mum!  Glad she's had a better day but sorry she had the fall.  Must have given her (and you) a bit of a fright.  

It's good that she's looking forward to her holiday - hope you have a wonderful time together.

It's good news about Charly, isn't it?  I was so thrilled when I got back from walking the dog to read that the little mite is still fighting.  She's a real inspiration to us all.

I'm still praying for her recovery and posted the words of a song I heard on Songs of Praise today because they reminded me of her.

Here they are -

I believe for every drop of rain that falls

A flower grows

I believe that somewhere in the darkest night

A candle glows

I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come

To show the way

I believe, I believe

I believe above a storm the smallest prayer

Can still be heard

I believe that someone in the great somewhere

Hears every word

Everytime I hear a new born baby cry,

Or touch a leaf or see the sky

Then I know why, I believe

Everytime I hear a new born baby cry,

Or touch a leaf or see the sky

Then I know why, I believe

Hope your mum continues to feel better celis.

Lots of love, Marjorie x x x x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Och, your Mum was just trying to keep you on your toes Caroline. LOL.

Seriously though,I hope she doesn't feel too bashed and bruised and doesn't set her back, she's been doing so well recently.

Hope you both get a good sleep tonight.

Love Alison.xx