January 20th 2010 - Mum doing ok!

1 minute read time.

Mum struggled to get to sleep last night but slept until 11 am this morning.  She went back to bed around 2 for a couple of hours and is still quite tired but I think she's still reeling from the shock of finding out about Peter.  She feels quite well and is in quite good spirits all things considered.

When I got home from work she had made a big pot of carrot and orange soup, lovely!  However, she informed me I was to keep my hands off as it's for tomorrow nights tea.  The reason for her planning this easy tea is because we're off to the palace theatre in manchester tomorrow night to see Les Miserables and have to be out of the house for 5.30pm so she reckoned a quick bowl of soup with some nice crusty bread would be the very thing before we set off!  She is really looking forward to our night out and I think it's just what the doctor ordered in terms of giving her a boost.  We are both huge musical fans and Les Miserables is probably our favourite so even though we've seen it before I'm sure we'll really enjoy it.  Gillian, Kieran and Charlotte are going with us but Paul is going to visit his dad at the hospital.

Please keep Paul and his family in your thoughts and prayers.  Donna is considering bringing her wedding forward so that her dad will be able to give her away but I've suggested she hangs fire a few days until they know more.

Anonymous