January 17th 2010 - had a lovely afternoon out!

Less than one minute read time.

Just as I predicted mum bounced back from her low mood.  She got up this morning at 11.30am, had a shower, got dressed and was raring to go by 1pm.  We went and did some food shopping before spending some time wandering round the clothes shops.  Mum bought herself 3 tops and then we went to Franky & Bennys for tea.  We had a really nice time and it felt very normal.  She refused point blank to use the wheelchair and coped very well with the walking around.

Tomorrow the guys are coming to fit the stairlift.  Here's hoping it doesn't take too long as mum gets very tired if she has to get up early and can't get back to bed for a sleep after lunch.  They couldn't give us an arrival time and just said it could be anytime from 8am.  I've tried to convince mum she should stay in bed until they arrive but she's insisting she gets up at 7am so that she can have a shower and get dressed before 8am just in case they arrive first thing.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm so pleased you both had such a lovely day, Caroline.

Hope the men come at a reasonable time tomorrow. It would certainly make things easier for your Mum.

Love to you both.

Alison.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

sorry for not being in touch sooner caroline, just been getting re-organised for trip tommorrow to newcastle, dreading it but has to be done, have to get my own way home and hate travelling alone, good to hear your mum is keeping her chin up, take care, luv Lynx