January 15th 2010 - Feeling a bit better again today!

1 minute read time.

Mum feeling a bit better again today and just taken her last two antibiotics.  She's hoping now the antibiotics have finished the nauseated feeling will go, here's hoping.

She's had me out digging the ice off the path and the pavement tonight as she is going stir crazy in the house.  Our street is still like an ice rink but she is determined to go out tomorrow and also says sh wants to go out for a meal.  I am so over protective and said she had to be careful with eating out but her answer is that we have been going to some places for years to have a meal so there won't be a problem.  Ofcourse she's right and yet again I realise that I can't keep her in a bubble otherwise what's the point in her putting herself through all this treatment and feeling rough. 

So tomorrow we're going to go and do a big shop, empty freezer! Once we've done the shopping we'll go for a meal at a nice pub just up the road where we ate regularly until mum was diagnosed.  Mum is definitely wanting to get back to leading as normal a life as possible and I know I've got to let her do that.

Isn't it funny how roles reverse as we get older.  My mum was always the one who was over protective of me and now it's me who wants to wrap her in cotton wool!

Anonymous