January 14th 2010 - Stairlift preparation!

1 minute read time.

When I got home from work today there was an electrician in the house.  Seemingly the electricity, gas and water pipes should all be earthed and this has to be put in place before the stairlift is fitted.  Thank goodness they didn't tell us this in advance as my mum would have said she wasn't having the lift fitted if she had known the upheaval!  He has had to put trunking all round the house to route the earth wire to the appropriate place.  Normally they'd run it under the floorboards but we have stone floors!  Obviously this has also meant drilling a number of holes in our walls to pass the wires through, however, it's a neat job and won't really be noticed. 

When I got home mums adopted grandson, Kieran, was in having his lunch with her.  It's his 17th birthday today and he's had to sit his AS chemistry this morning but mum had arranged to have his lunch ready when he got back from his exam.  He always cheers mum up and she was in good spirits when I got in.  Mum also says she has not felt nauseous today although she is still very tired.  She's going to go for a sleep after her dinner.  She definitely seems to be improving and has had a better day.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My step dad was very reluctant to have a stairlift fitted (and luckily it was a little easier in his house than in yours) but now he knows he wouldn't be able to get up the stairs without it. Hope the nausea improves for your Mum - antibiotics always make me feel sick so I do sympathise. V X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Glad you are getting the chair lift put in it will be such a help for your Mum when she is too tired to climb the stairs. Hope the sickness wares off soon.

Rosie