January 13th 2010 - Today it was hoovering!

1 minute read time.

Mum still feeling nauseous this morning when I left for work and was actually nearly sick when trying to take her medication first thing.  We are not sure if it is the chemo causing the problem or the antibiotics.

Christine mums CNS has rung mum today to check how she's doing.  Mum told her about feeling sick and Christine thinks it could be the antibiotics.  She's told mum to wait until she finishes the antibiotics and see how she feels.  If she continues to feel sick after they're finished Christine will get the chemo nurse to put a stronger anti-sickness drug through mums drip prior to her next chemo.  I continue to be impressed with Christines care and concern for her patients.

When I got home from work mum told me she was still feeling nauseous but that she'd done all the dusting and hoovering!  I think she's decided she needs to try and get back to leading as normal a life as possible.  I'm not too keen on her doing it as she suffers from back pain but she assures me if her back was sore she would not do it, so I'll just have to let her get on with it and see how she goes.  She actually hasn't hoovered since her diagnosis as her back had been to sore so I think this is a positive step.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi - am following your blog. Hard to step back sometimes and not be overprotective, but just watch from the wings till you need to step in. I'm the same myself until I was told normality is what my sister wanted to keep the positive attitude up. She did read that excercise (gentle) is reccomended as it boost the 'happy' chemicals in your body that the chemo so kindly knocks down. Think you are doing a wonderful job, but you must take care of yourself as well. All I said to my sister is that if I'm wanted for anything then just ask otherwise I'm not going to pester every few minutes.We (hubby as well) had had a few arguments at this point until I pointed out that we had only here best interests at heart.  I'm lucky we all live together so I can see whats what.

Jewels x