Friday October 29th - A wee wobble!

1 minute read time.

First of all the trip to London was fantastic.  Billy Elliot was amazing and Thomas, Charlotte, and even Kieran, danced and sang their way back to the hotel.  On Thursday morning we went to Covent Graden, having done Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament, Downing Street etc on Wednesday when we arrived.  We had a great time and headed back to Nualas for tea at around 3pm.  We left Nualas just after 6pm and were home by 10pm.

It's already a week since mums funeral.  I've been keeping busy and surrounding myself with friends and family and haven't cried at all.  This morning I got up around 9am and felt ok.  I watched a bit of breakfast telly and then got ready to go down town to close mums bank accounts and still felt ok.  Nuala phoned around 10 to check we'd got home ok last night and I said I was ok.  I, then, came off the phone, dissolved in tears and couldn't stop.

I had a good old cry and then headed to the bank.  As I type this I feel ok but I am surrounded by sympathy cards, they're everywhere.  I feel I should take them down now but am hesitant as I feel I need to read them again and I know that will probably send me on another wobble.  Anyway I don't think I'll do it tonight I'll wait until tomorrow morning when I will do it!

I also have to start to sort through all mums stuff.  Gillian and I sorted out most of her clothes before I went up to Scotland as I was taking most of it up to my aunt, mum and her were much the same size.  However, there are still lots of other things to be gone through and I feel I need to get it done sooner rather than later.  I've sat around most of today avoiding it but tomorrow is another day and I will make a start.

So today I've had a wee wobble and I know there will be others but I'll just take it one day at a time.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dearest Caroline,

Wee wobbles and Huge wobbles are allowed and in their own strange way -  help. It's only a week since your Mum's funeral and you've been "staying strong for others", not that there is anything wrong with that either, but now, back home on your own, it's all catching up with you. Be kind to yourself and give yourself permission to cry and then the floodgates will close when your brain thinks it's time.

As John's said, don't set yourself dead lines, unless that's how you'd rather do it. As Nic  and other say, we are all different and some feel the need to do things "NOW" and others put it off for ages. My Dad's still not gone through Mum's things, or allowed me or my sisters to do so for him either and it's almost 3 years since she passed. Don't rush, take your time - even if you do decide tomorrow's the time for you to begin this - just go easy and if you start and it's too painful, leave it a bit longer.

You know where I am if you want me. Take care. God Bless. Love and many hugs, Rose x x x x x x x x x (((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))) x x x x x x x x x x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

HI Caroline

Just take your time with things  i am just about sorting v things out  now  10 months later  this feels the right time  to do it  now

Take each days has it comes

Love and hugs xx

love janice xx