December 27th 2009 - We're back home in the North West!

1 minute read time.

We left Foxbar at 11am this morning in heavy snow.  My uncle didn;t want us to leave because of the snow but I checked AA roadwatch and the roads were all fine.  He was definitely sneezing and was so worried that he would pass the cold onto mum that he was a nervous wreck and couldn't relax.  I was also stressed out, especially since mum was up at 2am having a bout of coughing and a bit of a runny nose.

We arrived back in Darwen just before 3pm having stopped for half an hour at Gretna for some lunch.  The roads were absolutely fine and we bowled along without any hold ups as all the roadworks have been lifted for the holiday season.  I breathed a sigh of relief when we got back into our own house an mum assures me she hasn't got a cold.  We'll keep an eye on her temp but I took it yesterday and again at 2am and it was fine.

My aunt was crying when we left and my uncle couldn't speak, he was so upset.  They really wanted us there and mum really wanted to be there this christmas.  I knew mum was upset when we left, especially since my uncle wouldn't come within 6 feet of her in case he passed on his cold, so not the usual hugs.

So did we have a good Christmas?  All things consdered, yes we did!  Lovely gifts, lovely meal and wonderful company with the people that we love most.  It was really important to my mum and her brother that they spent Christmas together and we've done that.  Who knows where we'll be next Christmas but we will continue to stay positive for 2010!

Anonymous