December 22nd 2009 - still in lancashire!

1 minute read time.

We had hoped we might get up to Scotland today.  Mum is still feeling well and we thought we would set off about 11am.  It was not to be.  The snow had been falling thick and fast during the night and was still falling when we got up.  We now have around 8 inches of snow and there's no way I would have got the car out of our street without a lot of digging.

Later this afternoon my uncle phoned to say they were now having a blizzard and on looking at the travel news and weather forecast for tonight into tomorrow it doesn't look to be getting any better.  The M6 looks ok but getting to it would be my problem and at the moment a short section of the M74 has been closed du to the snow.

Our favourite lad, Kieran, is very happy at the thought that mum and I will be here for Christmas so every cloud has a silver lining.  We have now decided we definitely will not go tomorrow but if things pick up for Thursday we may go up.  Failing this maybe boxing day which would still give us a few days up there before mums appointment with the oncologist on New Years Eve.  All ifs and buts at the moment!

Mum has continued to feel quite good today although she has slept a little more than yesterday.  I think this was probably down to the fact that she couldn't get to sleep last night for some reason.  I think the uncertainty around where we'll be on Christmas day hasn't helped but she remains in good spirits.

Anonymous
  • Hi Caroline

I know how you feel. Am planning to go to my sister's house in Cockermouth tomorrow but will have to wait and see what happens overnight.

May have to raid our local Sainsbury to get some food in. lol

Not a mince pie in the house or turkey.

Glad your Mum is in good spirits. At least Keiran will be happy if you stay home.

Love

Sue xxxxx  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I will also have to raid local Sainsburys Sue.  Nearest supermarket to us.  Going to walk there tomorrow and get supplies just in case.