December 21st 2009 - Mum feeling well again!

Less than one minute read time.

Mum is feeling well again although we did have a slight wobble at lunch time today.  She had a bit of a coughing spasm.  This was something that we'd got really used to but I must admit when it started today I felt really worried.  I was thinking please god don't let this start again just when mum is feeling better and I could see in mums face that she was feeling the same.  It probably lasted about half an hour to an hour, on and off, but since then she has not coughed again and is feeling good.

She has only just gone back to bed at 5pm today, that's the longest she's been able to stay up for a long time.  She also did a little ironing today!  I used to tell her not to but I realise she wants to carry on as normally as possible so if she feels up to doing something I'm trying to let her do it.  Besides I hate ironing!

Well it's early in the evening yet but so far, apart from a little blip, it has been another good day!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline, glad to hear that Mum was ok in spite of the coughing.  As for doing the ironing, I know what she means about doing something "Normal"   Normal things became very important to me during my treatment as so many things weren't normal any more.  I do wish you both a Very Happy Christmas and may 2010 be a better year for all of us. Jay x