December 1st 2009 - Really annoyed!

1 minute read time.

I went to work this morning at 7.30am.  Mum asked me to get her up as the district nurse had said she was coming this morning.  She said she would ring if she couldn't make it until the afternoon.  I rung mum at 11am and the nurse hadn't been and hadn't phoned.  Mum would not stay in bed and as a result was almost incoherent on the phone because she was so tired.  I rung her again at 12pm; still no sign of the nurse!  I got home at 1.30pm and the nurse still hasn't been.  Mum had tried to sleep on the sofa but couldn't sleep for worrying she wouldn't hear the door.  She said she was so tired she felt dizzy!  I've sent her up to bed now as she is dead on her feet.

I understand that the nurse can't make a definite time but she did say she would phone if it was going to be the afterrnoon before she could get here.  Mum has not had to take any oramorph for days but has just had to take some as her back is painful.  I'm sure this is because she's been sitting up waiting all morning which is very frustrating.  I am now waiting on the district nurse and will have to try to keep calm when she gets here.

I explained to mum that the nurse would nt expect her to sit up and wait and that she should just have stayed in bed until she got here.  She said she knows that but because of her leg she was worried that she might not have got down stairs in time and the nurse may have thought she wasn't in.  Fat chance!!  I felt so sorry for her as she is absolutely exhausted and I am annoyed that this could have knocked her back a bit in terms of progress.  C'est la vie!

Anonymous