so far so good

Less than one minute read time.

Well first chemo was Monday so far I have just been feeling a bit queezy in the evenings and im not finding it very easy to get to sleep at night, dont know if its the steriods in the anti sickness or the fact that we have so much on our minds or the fact that my husband has banned me goign to work this week so im just taking it easy and not doing alot.

Have a different dressing on my line now which seems ok.

The cold cap was fine only really could for a couple of minuites then felt like having a cold flannel on your head.

I had a lovely shower tonight and am sat here with my hair pinned on the top of my head to reduce the weight, im also having it cut up to shoulder length tomarrow to hopefully give it a better chance, wig lady and line flush on monday its all go

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caz

Im glad your first chemo went well, I have my first chemo on Tuesday and im feeling  a bit apprehensive

as my appointment draws closer. Ive decided not to have the cold cap as i was told that it was

horrendous . But since reading some of the posts on this site I feel that i should have looked in to it

more before making my decision. Any way its to late now i will just have to get on with it xx

Smiler

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caz,That's encouraging news - I'm pleased the first chemo has gone so well :) Gives us all hope Listen to your husband and enjoy (?) some time off work - we always rush back too quick. it's my results day today at last - how can anyone look forward to chemo ? I just want to get moving now x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Smiler and Sassy

just back from the hair dressers and had my mid back length hair cut to my shoulder, I just myself into the right frame of mind that it had to be dont if there was any chance of saving it and shoulder lenght for me is better than bald nad wig's which I dont know if I could cope with but then I suppose like every else I will have to learn to live with it if it happens.

I know what you mean looking forward to chemo, you just need to get started and get nearer to the fininshing line, im no expert I may get worse the further I go but so far so good:))

Smiler if your type of treatment means that you may not lose your hair if you have the cold cap I urge ypu to give it a go, I thought it was going to be a thousand time worse than it was, it takes a while sorting out the size and fitting it but that only the first time them they have it all written down for the next time.

It was hard not washing it for 2 days as they wet it and put conditinor on it so it was a bit mank but im just being really carful with it.

If you try it and hate it you could always get it taken off or not bother next time, but all I can say is I with a capital I really dident find it that bad

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

HI Caz

Just reading your post and you sound similar to me with your experience. cold cap wasn't half as bad as thought. Just made it drawn out. I am going to be so gutted if hair starts to thin badly or come out. i feel like I can cope with most of what's been thrown at me so far apart from the hair thing. Stupid I know. Just have to take it as it comes I spose.

I wonder what happens next with immune thing dropping off. Obv taking jabs but do we start to feel awful again? I though week two was meant to improve. Or is it that we are just open to more infection?

anyway just talking out loud and so glad your dealing with this as best you can - x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Kittycat,

Im like you over my hair, its the one thing I dont think I could stand to lose, but over the last few weeks there have been so many other things id thought id never get through.

Im not sure about the immune thing either is this the time we were going to get sore mouths I have been doing the salt water wash 3 times a day and to be honest my gums are now bleeding less than they normally do.

I did get bit by something on my hand yesterday and have put some anticeptic on it just in case.

I have another funfilled trip to hospital tomarrow as it wig lady day and im having my line flushed at teh same time.

Have a good week x