Day trip to the coast, mum's 1st day out since Xmas

1 minute read time.

Well, I knew I would get her back there, one day, was getting worried for a while that it might not happen, but we went to see my sis (who was camping) last Sunday and had a really good day.......Mum hasnt been anywhere (apart from hospital visits) since Xmas, the last time she was out of the house properly was Xmas eve, shopping, she was flagging a bit then but we never thought owt of it, as she is not getting any younger and has a dodgy hip, since then she lost 3 stone and was very unwell, we didnt got to docs until april, and she was diagnosed with cancer in May, we beat ourselves up for a bit, about not going sooner, but the oncologist asssured us that the treatment and outcome would have been the same had we gone in January...........

Anyway, i am so proud of my mum, and very happy that she is now getting stronger, she even made sandwiches last weekend, I couldnt believe it, good old mum, never leaves for a trip without food or drink.......god bless her and keep her, she really enjoyed herself last Sunday, was even talking about a camping trip, we are looking for a comfy airbed for her lol...........

Heres a pic of my dear mum enjoying her sandwiches.......

The campsite......

Thanks for reading alll

Much love and hugzzzzzz

xxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

We are planning a camping trip in a couple of weeks, gonna get all the family to go, mum is looking forward to it, even if she just comes for one night, we will be fairly local so can always bring her home if need be ( we live 18 miles from east coast).....

Graeme the campsite is Reighton Sands on Yorkshire coast, its really lovely, stunnig sea views over Filey bay....

take care all

xxxx