Frid 08/04/2011 diagnosed testicular cancer

Less than one minute read time.

Friday morning going well, booked the day from work as a holiday, usual appointment to the hospital for result of the scan and maybe be told that there is a  cyst and can be drained that afternoon, but noooo the consultant said that he was sorry and he had found a tumour and at this point unsure if this had spread, he booked me in there and then for pre-op on weds 13th and operation for the Monday 18th to remove my testicle. what a shock, how the hell do I tell my friends and family, he was sat there chatting away to me and all I saw was his lips moving and nothing i couldnt even make out what he was saying, composed myself (ish) popped into see the macmillan staff who were brilliant, considering I had just walked into the office bawling my eyes out, they didnt know me from adam and so that weekend was a blur.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

EthioTC

Hi, I am so sorry, I didnt get back to you, I didnt realise you had asked the above and feel awful now,  it didnt come up on my auto emails for posts for some reason, I know its a bit late now and I hope things are going well for you and over the worse of things, let me know how you did get on and if you need anymore advice, you can get my email from here if you go onto my profile, I dont think am allowed to put it on here but you should be able to do it via my profile

take care and hope your ok.

Mark