Frid 08/04/2011 diagnosed testicular cancer

Less than one minute read time.

Friday morning going well, booked the day from work as a holiday, usual appointment to the hospital for result of the scan and maybe be told that there is a  cyst and can be drained that afternoon, but noooo the consultant said that he was sorry and he had found a tumour and at this point unsure if this had spread, he booked me in there and then for pre-op on weds 13th and operation for the Monday 18th to remove my testicle. what a shock, how the hell do I tell my friends and family, he was sat there chatting away to me and all I saw was his lips moving and nothing i couldnt even make out what he was saying, composed myself (ish) popped into see the macmillan staff who were brilliant, considering I had just walked into the office bawling my eyes out, they didnt know me from adam and so that weekend was a blur.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hope that things are getting slowly better Mark.

come to chat with us any time

Mal

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Mark,

Yes its like hitting a brick wall when someone tells you you have Cancer. You dont hear a word they are sayin. Its just like being in a dream, they cant be talking about me. But when it hits home it is you they are talking about. Thats the time to talk about it. With somebody you know and trust and this site is the very place to be.  All the best and Good Luck.

Take care and be safe Sarsfield.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi mark

yes its an awful thing to hear and as sarsfield says you just cant take it in but now you know what the plan is op wise now your journey can begin because you will find the strength to get on with it and face up to this awful disease attitude is everything to getting through take care and we are always here when you need us to moan whinge bleat feel sorry for yourself we have all been there babe take care love and hugs jen xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey

thanks guys, never ever thought I would be the one in this 'hot seat', its so strange with the scary journies ahead of me appreciate your support and may have to take you up on the offers of moaning and whinging, think the tears and tantrums have stopped for a short while, will keep you updated and again guys Thanks

x  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am in your predicament right now. How is everything going, even though its been 2 years. Can you tell me what happend after the surgery and stuff. And what stage your TC was in? Im so nervous.