help

Less than one minute read time.

what do i do how do i cope with my dads latest news that there is nothing more nurses can do for him ?

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi anom

A commode is like a chair when you lift up the seat its a toilet so your dad wont have to go up stairs.

Jeniren x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

jeniren so sorry to hear of your loss, my family have spoke about hospice but me and my siblings have decided its not for us, its hard becuase my dads  hate the thought of people caring for him, its only been 6 months since he was first diagnosed but hes deteriated so fast its shocking. 

hugs back and thank you xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi again anom,

A commode is a portable toilet - like a chair, but you lift up the seat and inside is a container, which can be lifted out for emptying and cleaning. It's easier to use when someone is weak or bed-bound and can't get to the bathroom, because you can put it next to the bed.

I think Jeniren is right, your dad would like it in a hospice, there are all sorts of things he could do even if he's confined to bed. They don't just leave patients alone, they have "activities" as well as top-class care.

Hoping you're feeling a bit better today,

love & hugs,

Twirly xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi everyone thank you for all your messages, sadly my dad passed away on sunday morning 

xx