Sheer determination II

Less than one minute read time.

I know i said this before, but i don't know where he is drawing the strength from. 

Still he keeps fighting this horrible disease, told my son today he's got two more years in him, I remeber talking about when the next GP was a week or so ago, thinking "Dad i don't think we'll share it" but i was wrong, we did.

He's increadibly weak physically & has not moved much from his bedroom, but there is still that spark of fight there, keep it up Dad.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My Father lost his battle & finally succombed to his illness late on Wednesday.

He passed away peacefully at home as he had wished to.

He never got to the pain levels or the distress casued by not being able to swallow thank goodness.

Ii would like to thank all the medical staff who tended him & us during the 5 months illness, without exception they helped & aided as much as possible, though the doctor who came to see him Wednesday lunch time & declared he was "ok for a while yet" did look a bit sheepish on Thursday issuing the C.O.D

God bless

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Andrew,

So sorry to learn of your father's death; only the other day I remembered your "chips and gravy" post and wondered how he was. I'm staggered that he carried on for so long. What an example of willpower, courage and determination he has been; you must be so very proud of him, despite your grief.

With very best wishes,

Annie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry to hear of your loss.Glad it was peacful.Hope you are all healing.

I'm another fan of the "chips and gravy "comment. Makes me smile

Take Care

S