liquorice and antibiotics

Less than one minute read time.

i am on liquorice have been told it helps with low blood count! worth a try, its good for bowels as well. GP has put me on antibiotics cos blood count so low - yes or no guys! what do we think????

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

thanks guys ill give the vits a go, i already take echinacea, multi vit with probiotic, primrose oil - but will add the vit b complex. as for tea i drink redbush which is naturally caffeine free and full of antioxidants, i have this unsweetened soya milk. have done for years since i got ME in 2003, this time around i have kept sugar to a minimum.  - what about the antibiotics take or not?

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Wendy

If you have a low blood count the antibiotics may be precautionary to prevent infections. Ask about granulocyte stimulating injections. I had these through my chemo because i had a low white count in cycle one and cyclic 2 may have got delayed. My white count was fine after i started those, no antibiotics required and white count ok. Do you monitor your temperature?

Not sure about the affect of liquorice on low white cell counts - i've not heard about it. I do know that it can increase your blood pressure. It is good for getting the bowels moving.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey katrina, dont fancy injections am already fed up with being stabbed! lol, i will try the antibiotics, just before i statr forst lot i had a mouth infection, so wonder if aftermath of that! i will do the 5 days of them then thats it, i just dont want them to upset how well i feel, ok the hair is falling out and i feel a bit floaty but generally well and would like to stay that way - i do check my temp and bp daily and so far nothign, temp is about 35 which is a bit low for me, but better than high.

i have also now gone completely orgnanic - just cant put chemicals near me , this has put me right off! food bill though has shot up but i dont care!

and i now use BIONSEN deodorant, its aluminium free and found in Tescos - supported by breas cancer breakthrouhg