My battle with triple negative breast cancer

• 12 Months after treatment

Just before Christmas I had my annual check and my first mammogram since completing treatment. I was so frightened that there might be something wrong. Will this feeling ever disappear completely? I got the results of mammogram in the middle of January and no signs of any abnormality. My next check will be in December. I still feel incredibly thankful for the wonderful treatment I received and for the amazing doctors…

• Life after cancer - 6 months on

Last week I had my 6 month check and it was not without some trepidation!  On Wednesday I attended the breast clinic, everything has healed well and no lumps or bumps. In December when I have my next check I'll have a mammogram too. My CLL check also went well and all my blood counts are normal. During the past 3 months we've had a fantastic holiday in Portugal, a family weekend in the Lake District and our social life…

• My battle with triple negative breast cancer - Radiotherapy

I have now completed my course of radiotherapy. For three weeks my life has revolved around the Christie hospital. What an amazing place it is! I now know from personal experience why it is one of the leading centres in the world for cancer treatment. Everywhere is so busy and yet there is a sense of calm throughout.

Although the actual treatment only took a minute the door to door trip could take anything up to 4 hours…

• Getting back to a normal life

It is now six weeks since my mastectomy. I felt quite sore and uncomfortable at first and had to have the area drained twice a week for a month by which time I felt a lot better. Three weeks after my operation I saw the senior breast nurse who told me that the biopsy was clear and the tumour had shrunk by 84 % with the chemotherapy, the remainder had been removed removed.The lymph that had been tested was also was clear…

• Surgery for triple negative breast cancer

I have rather neglected my blog for some time despite the best intentions. I have to admit that the last couple of months have been the worst and I have had several pretty low points though there have been highs as well. I should have been more open about the lows because it does help to face them.
    I had my final chemotherapy treatment on 27th November and I felt absolutely exhausted during the next few days far more…