The final journey

Less than one minute read time.

Markus has begun his final journey. The doctor said she can make no prognosis, because she has miscalculated his tenacity before, but she thinks the process has begun. His lungs are not working properly, so he has continuous infusions of valium to prevent restlessness and morphine to stop the feelings of breathlessness. It's what he wanted. He has oxygen, too.. He can barely react to anything now, can't lift his head alone, can't stand lying down, so he is propped up in his bed with lots of pillows.

I spend a lot of time at the hospital, but sometimes I need a break. I stayed till 2 am last night and was in again at 8am. I just feel restless myself.

His sister and his two brothers are going to see him this afternoon, then I'll go back in the late afternoon.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Aww puss I am so very sorry to hear Markus has begun his final journey, I really don't know anything that I could say to comfort you.  I hope  the journey is very short , he will be comforted very much by knowing you will be beside him  to  love him  as yoiu have always done.  I am so saddened by this news.

Jo Mac

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Pat and Markus, my thoughts are with you. I feel so sad with your news but I know you will give Markus the strength to move to the next stage with dignity. It is almost two years to the day since I sat with my dear daughter (aged 25)with her much loved husband during his final hour and to this day I have to say I have never witnessed anything so beautiful and moving in all my life because of the strength she brought to this moment to help him cross over.  Pat, from what I have read you can give the same love and strength to Markus to help him on his journey and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lynda x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Pat,

There really isn't anything i can say to make it better, althought i wish there was, i can only echo the thoughts and feelings of everyone else.

Markus has been tremendously strong through this horrible time and i hope u find the strength to get thru this. I hope his final journey is pain free and peaceful and not too long.

Sending u lots of love and hugs and again, as said by all, we're here for u!

Emma

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

thinking of you all

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time,  May his passing be peaceful and painfree.

xx