Rebellion!

1 minute read time.

I don't come on the site much now - I only visited today to see how Indie was getting on. Somehow ion my new role as 'widow' it doesn't seem to be a suitable place - I don't feel able to give people comfort or support or hope. As I have had pretty violent fits of depression I got some counselling prescribed, as well as anti-depressants, and the diagnosis given by the psychologist (in German) translates as 'having problems adjusting'. It's apparently common in carers after the death of someone they have cared for over a longer period of time.

Then I come on here, and read about Indie, and the whole thing comes back again. And I know -  I don't want to adjust. I don't want to go back to the life 'before'. I don't want to slide back into everyday life, being careful, normal. Sometimes it takes the death of someone close, or the threat of it , for us to realise what life is. Perhaps that is the real message behind 'Jesus died to save us all'. ( I am not religious). Life is here, now, what we have today - not tomorrow. We have to appreciate it, use it, and make sure our fellow travellers, whether affected by cancer or not, can get the most out of it every single day.

I don't care if people are going to call me that 'mad old English woman' or not. If it pleases me to dye my hair pink I will, especially if someone else can laugh at it. If I want to ruin my liver with gin I will - it's my liver. As long as I and my friends can enjoy it. I'm not going to argue or quarrel with anyone - life's too short. I'm going to be a hedonist if I can in my old age. Who knows how long it will last, and alone it's no fun anyway.

So, my friends, get out and enioy what you can. Don't feel guilty about it. You owe it to my Markus and all the others who have gone or are going. Live and enjoy life for them, as well. They'd want you to. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pat, it is nice to hear from you love and yes you do what you want to when you want to, life is for living, it is moving forward and not going back..love Carol xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Pusspins

So very nice to see u back here on Mac

Do ur own thing and enjoy everything u do

Chris xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pat,

Your philosohpy is right for all of us- enjoy what you have .

Best wishes Jen XX

• never a true'r word said and good to she a what now'er back on the site, lots of the old gang don't seem to come on much and its good to hear how everyone is doing.

regards  

john

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

so pleased to hear from you, and you have put in words what I'm sure so many of us are thinking.

People have asked me if I think my "experience" has been life changing, I dont think it has been in a massive way like people expect but in the way that you have put in words so well.

You go girl,and post those photo's with the pink hair! I remember my Nana telling me not to save things for a special occassion but to enjoy them for what they are while we can, in my childhood i never appreciated that, but I sure do now, hence being up so late on a school night, with a bottle of bubbles shared with friends - life really is too short, so lets be the lucky ones who realise this and enjoy it !

love to you all x