Make the World go away!

2 minute read time.

My head is spinning today.  It's been horrible.  I had dreams of me and John leading a quiet life when I got him home but it seems it's not to be.

It's been one long round of phone calls and visits from friends, nurses, etc. and both my phones haven't stopped ringing.  In between I've been administering John's drugs etc but neither of us has even had time to have a proper wash today.  I'm still in the clothes I flung on to take the dog out this morning and John's still in his pyjamas. 

He's been in a lot of pain and consequently I've had to 'top him up' with Oxynorm on top of the Oxycontin tablets he's taking (which were recently increased).  So the poor love has been very sleepy and hallucinating so that I can't take my eyes off him for a second in case he falls over or sets himself alight with a cigarette.  He gets cross about my hovering but it proved to be necessary earlier today when he got up too quickly and fell over!  Thank Heavens he wasn't anywhere near the stairs - they are a constant nightmare to me!

So, I'm waiting for him to be ready to go into the bathroom and then be put to bed (after yet another round of drugs) and hoping that we can have a peaceful evening.  I'm on the point of taking a hammer to the phones but they are a lifeline so I'd better let them be. 

His daughter has had a bad day too.  She'd planned to visit her dad for a couple of hours and then have a well earned day off with her dad.  However, John's been knocking back so much Oxynorm that it was rapidly running out and we needed some more.  The district nurse contacted the out of hours doctors who faxed through a prescription to a Boots Chemist some 3 miles away.  So, daughter motors off to pick up the prescription only to discover that they won't fill it because they need the original.  Where's the original?  Some 12 miles or so in the other direction!

She drove there to get it and went back to Boots.  It wasn't filled out properly so she had to take it back to the out of hours doctor, yet again!  Five hours later she returned to us with the prescription!  Is this some kind of record?

We are both hoping tomorrow will be a better day but I know that several visits are planned to see John about different matters so I don't expect it will be.

Sometimes I want to lock the door and just cuddle up with him.  Please someone, make the world go away!

Anonymous