Everything seems so hopeless

2 minute read time.

It's nearly midnight and I should be tucked up in bed but my head's all over the place.  I'm not even sure what I'm going to write because there's been so much going on over the past few days.

First off, John sorted out his Will which has put his mind at rest somewhat.  We've ordered a hospital bed and expect it to be installed at some point next week.  I really hope it sorts out the pain he gets first thing in the morning as it's breaking my heart to watch him struggle when he first gets up.

We also had a visit from the social services regarding a stairlift.  Turns out that, even if we were approved for a grant, it would take up to four weeks to be installed.  So I arranged for two quotes for reconditioned lifts but now John says he doesn't want one.  I'm beginning to have my doubts too because he really is so weak and tired most of the time.  The district nurse told me gently that she didn't think he would be up to it either.  So it seems my dreams of getting him out of the flat are all pie in the sky. 

Then we've had his blooming family making trouble.  His youngest daughter has been wonderfully supportive and visits almost every day for long periods.  His younger daughter suddenly announced that she would be visiting with her brother the next day after hardly contacting him since he left MacMillan.  What time did they turn up?  Seven o-blooming-clock in the evening when he's due assistance from the nurse to get to bed and is well past wanting visitors.  But then they wouldn't know, would they? 

I had a go at her and his son started shouting his mouth off and upsetting John so I just told them to visit quietly while I kept out of the way.  Luckily they didn't stay long but left John all of a tizzy and very upset.

They visited again today when I'd told them quite plainly that my sister and brother-in-law were coming and I didn't want too many visitors in one go.  Consequently he was worn out and ended up in a lot of pain tonight so that we had to call the twilight shift out to give him an injection. 

Sorry if this is all a bit of a muddle but I've just about had it up to here!!!!!!!!!  Even little Gemma's a nervous wreck. 

Wonder what next week will bring?

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Fingers crossed here....and toes and eyes.. sorry, not legs... bum still a bit sore after GC incident :o) Hope that doesn't reduce the odds... could try crossing my brain to compensate...  

Any more trouble and I'm  coming round with Shaz's f.a.c. of dog- that'll sort them out for sure!!!

biggest hug to the loveliest Madge

Little Myxxxx (((((((xxx))))))

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Madge dont worry about crossing anything love, my legs are in a crossed position perminently now :) and all your friends are crossing something for you both.

If we all walked down the street together with our bits crossed we would look like the Ministry of Silly Walks (Monty Python)........... mmmmmmmmm thats a thought, would cheer up lots of people, or scare the bloody life out of them xxxx

Heres to a better day

Shaz ((((((((((XXX)))))))))

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Madge, I get it!  You know I'm sending lots of love and hugs to both of you.  God Bless.  Caroline XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Madge, hope you both have a better day today.Take care of yourself as well, Val XX