A Good Day but Too Many Phone Calls Tonight!

1 minute read time.

Friday 11th June 2010

We've had a brilliant day today.  The car was due for a service and my best friend Pat picked us up after we'd dropped it off.  We went for a lovely pub lunch and John tucked into fish and chips and helped me eat a slice of cheesecake afterwards (good for him but not so good for me!).

Then we all took Gemma for a walk.  The sun nearly came out and it was lovely and warm and we strolled across a nearby huge playing field.  John couldn't manage to walk too far so he sat on a bench while Pat and I took Gemma for a good run with her ball.

Then home to Pat's for a restoring drink before she took us to collect the car.  Amazingly the traffic was light and we were home in no time.

John was very tired and curled up on the sofa for an hour before I made him a fried egg sandwich - he needs to eat before he can take his chemo tablets - which he enjoyed.

Then, the phone calls started just as we'd settled down to watch our favourite soaps - Emmerdale and Corrie.  Consequently, we missed them all!

It's lovely that people take the trouble to phone but each call lasts at least half an hour and John's still on the phone to his brother (that particular call will probably be an hour!). 

Oh for some peace!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Madge

Glad to hear you both had a good day!

Hugs Maxine

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Madge, so pleased to hear you and John have had such a nice day.  Shame about all the phonecalls!  Love Caroline XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Madge,

Glad you had a good day out with John and gemma.Its nice though tiring to know that so many friends keep in touch..

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Madge, your blog was nice.  It's lovely you have such caring people who want to ask how you both are - they just don't understand how much peace and quiet we cancer sufferers need at times.  I have said to all my family/friends that I don't answer my telephone after 6 pm - early I know but you have to do what is right for you!  Obviously, if its urgent they just rink twice, stop then ring again and I know to answer it.  The worst people of all are those cold callers/recorded tape messages trying to sell to me - I just tell them to hold on a minute, put the receiver on the side and walk away!!! It really does the trick.  Or I just put the phone down on them.  Enjoy the weekend its going to be nice - proper dog walking weather.  Ann xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Madge that is still not a parrot girl!!!!! It is those good days that are important isn't it love, glad you both had a good one. Next time leave the phone off the hook!!!! Love to you both.....Carol xx