Some things are shiny, some are not so shiny...

3 minute read time.

Well, I am up at silly hour despite feeling tired and trying to go to bed, because I was then plagued by a whirlwind of crap thoughts. I do have some good stuff to say as well, but I find it best if I vent my angst, then it may leave my head long enough to allow some repose ;)

Deri's father, my ex, or twattybollox as he is affectionately known to lil ol me, has been absent for about a month. This followed about 2 weeks of phone messages/voicemails asking to see her despite having had an ultimatum, given because of severe lack of responsibility/regular contact/no maintenance etc, all due to him becoming a massive alcoholic/drug abuser and throwing in some DV for good measure. His last chance was something he fucked up massively, and we may need to do things like injunctions etc. He also knows I am not well. Out of the blue last night. He said he'd come round to drop off stuff, I reminded him he was banned and if he showed up I'd call the police, and that I'd been told he was in no fit state to see her anyway. He then said something about doctors notes and court and judges, so I said how very VERY low of him to threaten ME with court whilst I was going through chemo.
I didn't get another text then. Funny that.  #stupidbastard.

AHEM.

Then, tomorrow is my rituximab/antibodies day (weekly now). It usually passes without much adventure, I am usually like a woozy zombie and fall into bed afterwards, so it should be routine. BUT. I am awaiting results of the bone marrow biopsy etc. And then I started THINKING about it all. Such a BAD idea I know! So I started thinking about the processes... the lung function tests and dentist checkups etc. I guess if I fail those, I can't have the stem cell treatment? I am expecting to pass with flying colours, but at 1am, it all swirled around in an ever decreasing circle or WHAT-IFs, together with anger and frustration about the ex and why Deri should have to a) have to suffer a father in such a state and b) not be able to have a father BECAUSE he is in such a state, and not looking forward to more hospital stuff and and and and and.......................................

So. Light back on, hot chocolate with mini marshmallows and toast with special butter, laptop on and  a rant in full flow! :)

And I have already blogged about what a nice week I had last week but everyone must have been 'moderated' as you couldn't comment, so maybe we'll find that one again later ..... to add to that loveliness, I have to say that my daughters really spoiled me with very thoughtful gifts on xmas day, bless 'em :) And of course Santa was very good to them too ;) And a table groaning with festive food at my mother's, with more gifts (and a trollbead yay!), and a lovely time there, mum loved the Welsh slate clock and then in the evening, onto my stepsister's, where this always a huge buffet and her hubby's converted garage which is now a ''pub'', with a bar, optics, bar stools, wooden table with church pews, a Wii and a screen for when the sports are on!! Another trollbead there too! As I treated myself to one on xmas eve, and as a certain person treated me to one last week, I now have 6 and I'm loving how the bracelet is taking shape :))

I LOVED spending so much fun time with my kids and my family. We have made things and played things and laughed and just been fab. And I had two friends turn up, from different places, with home made goodies - K came with sloe gin, and her hubbys hand made body butter, and S turned up with a hamper he and his wife made - all home made, wine, chocs, shortbread, etc. I have very much felt the lurve, maaaan...........................

Anyway, I had better read a bit or something now, and get some snoozes in before the alarm goes off at 7am!

Hugs and love and spoons xxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems,

Ditto to everything that's already been said, and furthermore, do keep a record each time that self-centred no-hoper aptly named twattybollox contacts you, just in case you need "official" evidence. I expect you know that already what with the nature of your work, but I thought I'd just give it a mensh.

Hope the appointment goes well & that you get good news.

Hove & lugs,

Annie xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

HI Ems

Well, looks as if moderator has given up on us at last....

I'm glad that you had a lovely Christmas with lots of love and TROLLBEADS! If you can deal with cancer you can deal with twattybollox. He sounds a thoroughly nasty piece of work and is better out of your lives. Probably thinks that you are so weak after chemo etc that you will give into anything. Found its the opposite, as you hold on to the important things/people and chuck the flotsam as far as possible.

Sod off bad thoughts, and what ifs. I still get them, but can put them in perspective more. Easier when I'm further down the line, but sometimes it helps to face them head on. What if a treatment doesn't work.....then you try something else.

The one 'what if' that you could perhaps think about, is writing something formal re who would look after girls if the worst should happen. If you do something while you are well, then you can put it to one side afterwards knowing that twattybollox couldn't touch them. I planned for 'what if' and I've been able to push away into background, and felt better for it. Not an easy discussion .....

Hope all went well today.

My love and loads of spoons, for you, the girls, your Mum and Bryan

Louise xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

It is an everlasting mystery to me, having had my own fair share of losers and fuckups in my life, how perfectly nice women (I include myself in this category) end up with perfectly awful men. And why there are never any nice men available when you need them.

Anyway: restraining order and, failing that, shotgun. That's what I recommend, though I suppose you don't really want a shotgun around the kids. And it would get you in trouble. Dang. So many flaws in a perfectly good plan!

Thinking is overrated. I have barely given Mr Crab a single real thought - I've just gone along with what I'm told to do in a fatalistic sort of way. (But then we come back to the fact that I don't have kids to worry about. I know Judy will take care of the cats! And I made a Will last year, before Mr C even reared his ugly head, mostly to make sure that my nasty younger brother wouldn't have a claim on the money my mother left me.) But if you really must think, please have a hug to go along with it. *hugs* There.

btw, Deri- and father-wise, my father was perfectly respectable and a Good Provider, etc, but entirely emotionally absent - often physically, too. You just grow up used to the parents you have, I think, with the occasional twinge of "why can't things be more like Enid Blyton?" - although half the time the parents in kids' books are equally absent and oftentimes dead; it's a thing.

There was probably a point to this once. I expect I really just wanted to do some hugging. *ticks off checklist*

xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems,

Sorry your bloke (or the person who was your bloke) is such a messed up person, and is trying to mess up your life. I have met one or two druggies in my time and the one thing that always stood out for me was their persistent lies, no matter how sincere they sound. I do hope you can get him out of your life for he will do no good for your family.

I do like the sound of the pub in a garage how fantastic! I spent a wonderful Xmas day with family, howling with laughter most of the day, so glad you could spend so much time with yours.

Good luck with the weekly adventure, and I sincerely hope the pillow monster stops invading your thoughts. Here's to more shiny things.

Tight Lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I can't think of nice enough things to say to you all because you have all cheered me up and made me grin so very much, so I'll just all of you HUGE cwtchs and much Love :D

Thanks guys n gals xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx