From inert to inspired

4 minute read time.

Oh my gosh I HAVE been lazy with my diary!

But then, the girls have been off school and I have lazed around *with* them and/or been ferrying them around! ;)
And I have had visitors and been to meet friends in cafes, and had a lot of Pyjama Days.

I have been quite well physically, my meds came to an end and didn't need anymore, been eating well and only had a sore throat for a few days - have had a week or so of waking up Very Hot at night with a sweaty head but temp has been fine. My 'R' day last week went well, just zonked out form the piriton! Went in yesterday for bloods and line care, and now wait for the in patient thing again next Monday (9th) which is same day the kids go back to school, which is handy.

Have been getting myself in a right old pickle re: the stem cell transplant. Really not focused and quite wobbly about it all; then it came to me in a flash last night = look, so far, I have coped with all sorts of treatment and NOT had awful side effects and responded well to everything. SO - I can face the stem cell stuff in same way surely? I think its being in hospital for 2 or 3 weeks that's worrying me - how the hell will Deri and my mum cope? etc. Anyway, they will have to, and I will recruit help from friends to break up the 2/3 week stint etc.

I am going back in on Monday for my 3rd and final week of IGEV. At least I know it won't be any worse physically than last time!! I feel I need to mention to them that I have been stressed about new diagnosis and get some assurances from them, as far as you can with pissflapping cancer etc, just to talk things through may help. I MAY have my bone marrow biopsy results back.. eek! (more appendages crossed). I then go in for the day on 23rd to local hossie for bloods. Then I go back and forth to the Heath on 24/25/26th (unless they get enough stem cells in 1/2 days) as day patient to have my stem cells 'harvested'. Sounds like something out of star trek! Then I guess they will give me the dates for going in for the stem cell 'transplant' - could be in for 2 or 3 weeks! I hope they can do it in Feb or March and get it out of the way! I'll be like a wet rag for quite a while when I come out apparently. BUT - it's the best way to reach remission so they tell me, so yeh, bring it on!! (grins nervously)

Spent a lovely NYE with lovely friends and only missed having a cig with them outside once, the rest of the time was quite happy sipping my G&T!

The night before NYE I went over to have a catch up with my friend next door. They are craftsfolk, always busy making their products and they always inspire me. I was having a discussion about being frustrated as I no longer have a room with a desk where I can create stuff since I moved my bedroom into the spare sitting room. She started coming up with ideas using the stone sheds outside but I don't have the money to spend lining it and heating it etc... then I thought, how about the landing? Full of c**p and some chests of drawers of mine etc ...

Anyway, on 1st Jan, I went up there; box of cr*p; overstuffed suitcase; bookshelf with some books I don't want/need anymore. Have half of them sat waiting for new home now - freecycle or charity shop, the half I want are now downstairs with my other books. Moved suitcases from behind my old chest of drawers (covered in multi-coloured paint - kids used to have it, it's ancient and can be utilised!) and pushed chest back against wall - perfect for using as table for being creative! Then placed the small metal shelving unit, now empty of books, next to it - next job is now to empty the drawers of clothes - keep some, chuck others out, put the one I keep elsewhere - I will then have a workspace :)) I have a spare chair up there too.

What d'ya mean, who helped move stuff? ............Ahem.

So, looking forward to now to getting creative - make some of my lovely lanterns with pressed flowers/leaves etc, make some more cards to sell, etc. I want to get into making soap too, which will involve being in kitchen mostly but the materials can be kept in my 'Landing Workshop' haha!

Much love and cwtchs to all!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I fainted from exhaustion midway through reading the landing-sorting-out bit, but am full of admiration nonetheless.

I envy you your creativity. I would love to be able to make or do something, but I have absolutely no creative ability whatsoever. It has long been a source of much woe to me.

On the upside, I do have a beautiful tabby cat. On the downside, she is helping me type ...

I suspect the stem cell treatment will be pretty nasty, but, as with all the o0ther - yes, thank you, Jenny - treatments you'll get through it because you have to - same as your family will cope because, really, what else are they going to do? It's no fun for anyone, but we have to hope that the end result will be worth it.

Happy new year to you, sweetheart, and I hope this year brings the best possible results for you.

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi gorgeous... ahem cough... landing???? Moving swiftly on.... hoorah for having a workspace. I make soap with the kids at school from scratch- we have even distilled our own essential oils etc for it so if you fancy a hand, or some recipes etc give me a shout. I am looking forward to having my sausages sorted one way or another so I can get my axe and knife out again and start doing some greenwoodwork again. Not even invincibles help there at the moment.

I got tired reading about all the hospitals and dates etc phew. You WILL be ok and you will do it cos it will help and your kids will be ok too cos like Hils says... its what needs to be done. Scary I know, but remember how scared you were about going in for the week and how panicked you were about that....? And you are like yeah, in for my week, whatever... kids back at school blah. SEE?

So the Heath will be ok too- just a bit longer.

I just hope we are not in at the same time so we can't visit eachother. That would be rubbish. If we were in the same hospital, that would be fab, but we are not... so better not coincide eh?

Here's to inspiration and laughter and love and new health in abundance....

Loads of hugs and that

Little My xxx

ps if you need some colours, for you creativity.... I know where to find a few crayons.... x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You may not have realised it but your blog was so full of optimism and happy thoughts.

• You got to spend lots of time lazing with your girls
    • You're not feeling too poorly/exhausted
    • visitors, friends and PJ days
    • You had an idea for creativeness, saw a problem (lack of space), solved it, and did it!

Well you deserve a trollbead for that my girl. You feel that you can still achieve things (something that I lacked until this year) and your girls will benefit by seeing mum getting up and doing.

As regards the stem cell transplant, just take each bit a little at a time. First your trip next week, results maybe, and finding out more re the change in diagnosis.

The harvest, when its done, could not be more complicated than mine was, as I had to have mine through my groin. Spending hours over three days with my legs akimbo and at one stage with a nurse's fingers in my groin to keep everything going was quite hilarious! No other problems, although having a motorbike rider waiting outside in the snow to take my cells across to B'ham sounds a bit 007.

The transplant is painless, but as immune system is non-existent the result of infections is not pleasant, and you will probably feel as if every bit of energy has been sapped from your body for a few months. What you need to remember is that you have come this far minus any complications or infections, so you must be one helluva woman. If there was to be a complication or infection to be had I was up front...Give it me!!! Soooooooooooo you will breeze it missy.

Love and hugs

Louise (Granny STILL in waiting!)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Gosh Ems, you make me feel so lazy! sulk , sulk, sulk! I can't even find the energy to do writing.

My son and his wife are the creative ones, always making things to sell at craft fairs and exhibitions. Their workshop is the whole house, but they do manage to clear the dining table for meals.

Good luck with the chemo next week and after what you have been through stem cell harvesting and transplant will be nothing to worry about.

I see LM's offered you crayons; I hope you don't need brown, because I think she's used that colour up. What essential oils did LM distil? Essence of grain fermentation? That school sounds like St Trinians.

Everything is crossed for you as usual (getting a bit of cramp now, but it's worth it).

Love and real welsh cwtches,

Odin xxx

• Hi Emms 

So good to hear you have something good to look forward to and here'is to creativity.

I like Hilary always wanted to be creative and artistic my brother is a pretty good artist but alas all my efforts look like a 2 year old has done them 

To take on the task of clearing the landing sounds almost like climbing  a mountain and yes certainly deserves something shiny as a reward for all that effort and hard work and the naughty step for moving things by yourself but wont mention it to Odin and I would have done the same

Hope you will be able to take a few photo's of some of your creations and post them just to make me jealous.

Good Luck and all good things for all that is coming up a pity you and LM can't be in the same hospital but sure you will get visits 

Love and Hugs 

Cruton x

I would be cautious of accepting the crayons off LM especially the brown one I hear they have been in some strange and dark places x