Lost.

1 minute read time.

Hi all,

I used to use this site to help me grieve for both my parents that lost their battle with cancer.

I am now back because it may be that I have to fight this battle too.

I lost my mum when I was 16 and my dad when I was 19. Now I am 21 and undergoing tests to see if I have Lymphoma.

I have been going to the doctors for months because of worsening symptoms.. but doctor seemed baffled as to what it is I could have.
Then in July, 2 lymph nodes swelled and have not gone back to their original size... just increased.
On one of my visits I pointed these out and the doctor said that it will be because of an infection and they should go down in a couple of days to a week.
2 months later they are still growing so he booked me in for a CT scan and maybe a biopsy to follow - I guess depending on what they find during the scan.

I should be getting the date of my scan tomorrow. Fingers crossed anyway.

I decided that I shouldnt be dealing with this on my own so I told a few close friends of mine. I guess they think they are helping when they tell me to stop being silly and I couldnt possibly have cancer. But it frustrates me because they know my family history (alot of other members of my family have lost their battle with cancer too as well as my parents) so surely they should understand why im upset and scared?

Im not sure as to why im posting this blog.. I guess so I can speak to people and gain support  without receiving criticism for "thinking the worse".

Take care
x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Charliix.   I am sorry that you lost both of your parents to cancer and now may have to face your own battle, but you have made a good decision to come back here for support ..... where of course, you can speak to people with no one criticising at all ! No matter how it goes we all need some support and those days of waiting for scans, tests and results are the worse ...... this really is the time when a bit of consideration and sympathy matter.

I do hope that all is clear for you, but should you need then there are some lovely people over in the Lymphoma groups who will be more than happy with help and advice. Take care and best wishes.

Joycee x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Charlix,

Welcome back, but I do hope you will not need us for long and that everything is clear, but if it isn't I'm sure you remember the good support you will get from all these lovely people.

Good luck with the tests and let us know the outcome,

Fingers crossed for you,

Colin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks to the both of you for replying to me.

I know how kind people on here are and its uplifting.

I have such a battle with my doctors surgery over the last couple of days that I just feel so emotionally drained from it all - I feel like they arent taking me or my symptoms seriously.

My other half keeps pestering me to go to a&e but I dont think there is anything they can do there. I know I need to go now though.. I blacked out last night whilst walking down the stairs and really hurt my ankle. I should go... but after my experiance with the doctors surgery I really just do not want to.

Thanks again guys.

Charlii xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Charlii.   Well it sounds very much like you really should go and see someone now, your other half is quite right to pester you. I know how draining all this can be, but you do need to have a doctor look at you ... especially after blacking out. That is no way normal and you could have done more damage to yourself ..... so please go either back to the surgery or to the hospital - today.

Joycee x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joycee,

Thank you for your concern, I think I am going to visit A&E tonight.

Got a letter at home from the hospital.. hopefully for date of a scan. Fingers Crossed.

Charlii x