Manchester was amazing !!!!!!!

1 minute read time.

Awesome, spectactular, emotional, cold, wet and windy. I wouldnt have missed the experience for anything and cant wait to enrol for next year.

The crowds were enormous in spite of the weather and gave us "runners" so much encouragement. I had my name on the number bib and a card in memory to Ed on my back. Spectators called me by name to keep going, that i could do it, and it really helped. Other runners were overtaking me ( of course! ) but touching my arm and saying stuff like " Ed would be proud of you" and "keep going, you can do it", it made me quite emotional. I could see similar cards and others for people struggling with all sorts of illnesses, it was so humbling. So many problems but so much cameraderie. Bands playing round every corner, comentators urging us on. I will never forget my first Manchester 10k but it wont be my last. I will run that race every year as long as I can walk that far. For Ed and all other fighters of the wretched cancer to raise cash for cures. It took me 90 minutes and 12 seconds so no records broken there but it was Ed who inspired me to tackle something I saw as impossible 6 months ago. I love you Ed and always will xxxxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, Thankyou, everyone on here is amazing and unique, You all mean so much to me and have done for thepast 3 years which is part of why i do this, to give something back, take care, xxxxxxx ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))