Paranoid.....I hope

1 minute read time.

Hello all my incredible mates.....Scan day today and unlike my normal positive crazy self, I feel quite negative, blimey, first time in two years! If this turns out to be a good result, I expect you lot to get on a coach, come to Cornwall and slap me!! It is not the cancer coming back, because it will, not a problem, the 50% chance of it coming back as gone out of the window, I can deal with that and the thought of dying isn't a problem, I got very close to that already and it is something I can't be afraid of......I am terrified of chemo and I mean terrified, I would rather be confronted with a club full of drunken ruby players wanting to rip my head off. ( For those who don't know, I am a nightclub bouncer!!). The weird thing is that chemo nearly killed me and then it saved my life, and don't be put off by this, my chemo was aggressive because my cancers were aggressive, therefore it was kill or cure, so to speak.. I guess I am entitled to be negative once in awhile just for a change! I am nervous of this scan, my stoma is working overtime (Good of me to share that fact with you!!) Then just for a change guys, there is the waiting for the results...........oh lovely and we all know what that is like. God help any spotty youth who tries to gob off at me for the next few weekends, he will be cleaning his teeth via his butt (only joking!!!) Right I have said how I feel, I don't really feel better for it, but hey ho, I have been luckier than some and I am grateful for that, I have lasted longer than my Dad, eldest brother and eldest sister with this bloody demon, so when it comes back, I WILL have chemo and I WILL fight it again and again and again. Thank you for all your messages of good luck, I would be lost without you guys, so I am sending my love and hugs and thoughts to those who want them..love Carol xx

Anonymous
  • You know you will be OK its just that voice that sits on your shoulder casting doubt, plus after what you have experienced and the support you have given you can have a black day.

I always get a call once the report is received so don't have long waits to see the consultant, why not ring your contact nurse and ask her to call nce the consultant has received the report.

Deep breath to find that inner strength thats got you this far as you are not finished bouncing yet ha ha

hugs

john

• Fingers, toes, legs... and everything else crossed for you, Carol. (I've only just untangled myself from doing this for Debs and Andrew!)

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck with your scan Carol & I hope the results are good because I wouldn't like to be the doctor who upsets you - he might end up in a headlock & using his stethoscope to breathe through!

Just let me know what time the coach will be leaving for Cornwall cos I will be on it to help you celebrate the good result!

Lots of love, Angie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

ive got the champagne on ice ..... ;)

hope the waiting wizzes by for you hun xoxox

my son gets his scan results 2morro .....waiting nearly over (again!)

hoping and praying for good results for you my son and all our "waiting results"maccy friends

xNx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

oh kezzer... the demons sneek up on us when we arent looking.... your doing bloody fantastic.. and hells bells woman chemo is flippin scary.... i KNOW for a fact im having a lot more when my tumours start growing again.. and yes i am blooming scared.. but i tell myself if it gives me more quality time with my family then its worth it... i know you are a very strong positive person like myself... but everyone has week moments...i went through a really negitive time last year when i was convinced i could feel the tumours growing... ha ha ha silly me it was stress causing the pain and scans showed they weren`t.... strangley it was when i should have been most positive... maybe it something similar that your going through... i wish you the very best of luck with your scans.. and i hope you manage to fight off the demons....

love and hugs

liz xxx