Paranoid.....I hope

1 minute read time.

Hello all my incredible mates.....Scan day today and unlike my normal positive crazy self, I feel quite negative, blimey, first time in two years! If this turns out to be a good result, I expect you lot to get on a coach, come to Cornwall and slap me!! It is not the cancer coming back, because it will, not a problem, the 50% chance of it coming back as gone out of the window, I can deal with that and the thought of dying isn't a problem, I got very close to that already and it is something I can't be afraid of......I am terrified of chemo and I mean terrified, I would rather be confronted with a club full of drunken ruby players wanting to rip my head off. ( For those who don't know, I am a nightclub bouncer!!). The weird thing is that chemo nearly killed me and then it saved my life, and don't be put off by this, my chemo was aggressive because my cancers were aggressive, therefore it was kill or cure, so to speak.. I guess I am entitled to be negative once in awhile just for a change! I am nervous of this scan, my stoma is working overtime (Good of me to share that fact with you!!) Then just for a change guys, there is the waiting for the results...........oh lovely and we all know what that is like. God help any spotty youth who tries to gob off at me for the next few weekends, he will be cleaning his teeth via his butt (only joking!!!) Right I have said how I feel, I don't really feel better for it, but hey ho, I have been luckier than some and I am grateful for that, I have lasted longer than my Dad, eldest brother and eldest sister with this bloody demon, so when it comes back, I WILL have chemo and I WILL fight it again and again and again. Thank you for all your messages of good luck, I would be lost without you guys, so I am sending my love and hugs and thoughts to those who want them..love Carol xx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol....Hope the scan was a good one for you....keeping my fingers crossed....johnb..x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

And to think I was going clubbing this weekend. . . . . . .

Scanxiety is the worst thing in the world - there is always some xxxxxx idiot who says "don't worry, I'm sure it will be fine". In law I think its like PMT, you are allowed to rip their heads off if you are waiting for results.

I'm sending you hugs (whether you want them or not) and a reminder that you are my megastar hero, you can cope with anything!

love and gentle hugs Sharry x

May 2008 diagnosed Angiosarcoma in breast treated by mastectomy in June 2008 and RT in July - Sept 2008 (33 doses)

May 2009 diagnosed recurrence in muscle on back and surrounding skin treated by wide local excision. Clear margins on "lump" barely clear margins on skin - now "waiting for the axe to fall"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sweetie darling!  First of all - the very best of luck for your scan today.  I'm sure it's completely normal for you to be nervous - you had such a rotten time with chemo that you certainly won't want to go through that again. It always makes me laugh when people say - "You've already had treatment, so you shouldn't be worried - you know what to expect!"  That's precisely the problem - we know what to expect!  But you are one of the strongest people I know and if it has to be done, you will just get on with it.  Anyway - you're not there yet.  Have your scan and see what the results are before you start making yourself sick with worrying (easier said then done, I know).  You've clawed your life back, you're fit and well and ready to kick any ass silly enough to get within range!  And you're a total inspiration to the rest of us.  I'm thinking of you and have everything crossed which can be.  Good luck, my darling xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thinking of you today Carol

(((hugs)))

scarlet xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So the paranoia chip has kicked in. We all have it. Even when you are in remission every little niggle is a what if..................... At least a scan turns a what if into something that you can do something about. And that is the crux of the matter. We are all still here. All still kicking - you probably more than most. Here's to you with best wishes

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X