Kezzerbird....where to start on this one?

2 minute read time.

I have just come out of hospital after my second kidney infection but now I know why it is happening. My cancer is blocking my right kidney and causing cronic infection, right ok, another hiccup along my cancer journey. The next step is to have a stent put in so the kidney can be drained, if anyone as had this done let me know about it please. My onc wasn't to bothered about a scan this side of Christmas but the renal consultant was, he wanted to know exactly what was going on so he got me a scan for chest, abdo and pelvis. This doctor was really brilliant, just a nice caring chap, I was impressed.

I reached the hospital by ambulance and went to A&E, first problem wanting blood, my daughter was with me and told these 2 doctors that I had a port, guess what, they wanted to put needles in my feet!!!! Even being in agony, I told these two there was no way it was port or nothing, next minute they sorted the port out and got blood, I had to argue with several student doctors over the port, so many not wanting to be bothered, just wanting to make it easier on themselves. The paramedics who got me there came back 2 hours later and found me , my daughter told them that I had only just been given morphine, they were horrified. Blimey, I have had some pain but bloody hell OUCH!! I was finally put on the renal unit and pain relief sorted. I had a major run in with a first year student doctor, yet again over blood, I told him he could help himself as long as it was done through my port, off he went 10 minutes later he was back saying he needed blood and wanted to see if I had a vein,BAD MOVE!!!! What part of 21 chemos in a year and a half and having my body torn apart because of cancer did he not understand!!!! (several words are missing with what I said) I ende up being treated very well, the staff were great, it was just the odd prat who made it worse for themselves with their attitude, the renal consultant found it funny that I had put these few individuals what for, it said it does them good to be brought down a peg or two. So my friends, it is back to playing that waiting game. Love and hugs to those who want them as always......Carol xxxxx

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol, sorry you are being put through the mangel again!! You will beat it kezzer. Dont let them boss you about.

Rosie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol,  I'm sorry to hear you've had more problems.  Can you be on my side in a fight!   God help anybody who doesn't think first  before they open their mouth.  So many are jst used to the production line they don't read the notes.  At the moment my cancer nurse is fighting my corner for me, I don't think i'd have the courage you have.

keep fighting

Love n hugs

Viv

• was wondering why the "bird" had gone quiet, you were too busy kicking young butts, I would take that as a getting better as it must have been like being on the doors ha ha. Bet those young docs never end up in your club, some are right numpties and its scary on a night when they are in charge or they think they are.

Still good to hear you are on the mend, did you get any scan results?

Re the stent a neighbour had one when I was having treatment last year, if I remember it was straight forward and gave him some relief for him pain and his problem which was a stone that was blocking the tract.

enjoy the freedom and sounds like a good drink is needed to give it a flush, have fun if you can

take care

john

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol, sorry to hear you have been crook again, would loved to have been a fly on the wall when you kicked A***.

Take care of yourself my 'andsome.

Tony xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry to hear you've been in the wars again - but it sounds as if you've been putting up one hell of a fight again. Take care of yourself, and thinking of you, Val XX