Kezzerbird/trude seconds out round one..done

2 minute read time.

Hellooooooooo my Mac mates. I thought I would write about the first chemo round I had yesterday UMPH!

I got to the hospital bang on mid-day, just in time for lunch UM, my notes seemed to have vanished, good start me thinks, so I had to do a form out. At 5pm some one tried to put in a cannula a failed miserably, I did remind them that my veins have a habit of  seeing a sharpe pointy object coming at them and the hide, but hey ho what do I know! S a Doctor was called for after most of the nurses tried and failed, when the last one came up to me and said "Can I have a go", I said yes if I can be blind folded and given a javelin and have a go at her first, because that what it was feeling like for me, nail me to a Dart board why don't you!!!!!

The Doctor finally arrived and found a small vein and put in a cannula, this managed to carry the re hydration fluid into me, they came to flush it out and I nearly took off, the vein had gone to the place that all veins go to, where ever that may be!!!!!! The staff nurse wasn't prepared to risk trying to put the chemo through that. The night shift came on and about 10 pm I was told that they didn't like to do chemo throughout the night and I could start again in the morning. RED MIST TIME I told her no... I was having my treatment NOW and that was final and was told I may have along wait until a Doctor was available. WELL 2.30 in the morning A Doctor arrived and fitted a cannula with ease, so chemo began to go through Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I finally left the ward a 11 am with the first treatment completed, covered in bruises and knackered, but it was done. I am so looking forward to next Saturday for the next session I should be getting a PICC line put in, I did request one to start with and it should be a little better next time. I feel a little sick at the mo and I am waiting to get knock on my butt again but this third new treatment is unknown to me  so I shall have to wait and see. So I have introduced my self to the new member on the ward, the others had the pleasure of me last time, so I think these new ones no know not to mess with the Kezzerbird coz this patient BITES BACK.....Oh yeh!!!! Love and hugs to those who want them as always......from Carol x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

My latest spectacular in the chemo suite was to shoot a torrent of blood all over the floor, nurses, sandwiches, etc.  I now think a PICC is a bloody good idea.  

Stay fab

Catriona xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well I think you are a saint, I think if that had happened to me you would have heard me shout throughout the wards.

My red mist would have descended by tea-time. Lol.

You keep on riding the beast and I'll be hanging on there with you.

Love Vee. xxx

• Strength to you girl go get em, no reason why we should take crap.

hope the next one is less eventful.

junior doc told me last week that he allowed a friend to put a line in so now he knows how we feel and thats without 6 months of chemo.

john x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pal,

Thats the type of reaction I would expect from a fighter.If you bastards try and knock me down Im just go to get back up and then you will see what its like to stare real fear in the face.

Keep it going KezzerTrude.love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good on you girl.  Hope side effects are not too bad.  Your courage and fighting spirit is inspirational

Daffie

xxx