Kezzerbird...major humour failure

1 minute read time.

The day before yesterday....hospital for PICC line, no go my veins are shot, recommendation, port in chest....no problem

Yesterday hospital again to have blood taken, success on second attempt, saw the cancer nurse and that was like talking to a brick wall, told her my veins are buggered and asked about CT scan due after 3rd chemo, total blank! Asked about stomach swelling, again total blank, saw a girlie doctor who was also blank and as much use as a chocolate tea pot. Went home with the knowledge that I would be getting chemo on day ward and had to be there at 8 am for the day, got a phone call to say they had a bed for me on the ward also! UM

Today....two attempts to put cannula in, small vein found, 15 minutes of fluids in, vein burst, Oh what a surprise! Four more attempts to insert cannula,,total failure so my treatment can't be given even though I need it. My consultant is away until Monday, so the staff are going to push for the port, I could have a Hickman in (had one last time) but the port is suitable for on going treatment and the risks of infection are very low and of course it would stay in situ for possibly ever BUT it all boils down to money, Isn't a life cheap these days, needless to say I don't know if I want to shout, scream, cry or hit something, all I am trying to do is survive, like the rest of us and these assholes just don't listen. I know me, I know my body and as the port nurse said with the amount of chemos and the strength of the 10 I had last time round, it is no wonder my veins can't take it. I am so angry.....Rant over....love and hugs to those who want them.....love Carol xx

Anonymous
  • Oh Carol, what an awful day(s). I know how exasperating it can be to deal with these turnips who sit there blankly. They've probably been taking lessons from Manuel in Fawlty Towers - "I know ...

n-o-t-h-i-n-g..."

Perhaps what you need to do is use shock tactics - they're expecting you to be forceful (all right stroppy! LOL) so do the opposite and burst into tears. I did this once when my kids were being little pains and it worked like a dream.

Hope you get your way.

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You keep fighting your corner Carol!!!!!

I used to be one of the Quiets but I soon found my voice during treatment,of course you know your own body,

you keep on 'Jabbing' at them with your boxing gloves until they listen to you Mrs,lol!!!!!

Big Hugs,

Alison x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just you get your bouncer head on when you go and that will get them going, Take Care Carol x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh Kezzerbabe what can be said? We're all rooting for you but a major sense of humour failure is not good in spite of the knobheads! Let's hope your consultant comes back refreshed and listening and you get sorted. If he doesn't I will have to send Irene down to them and she doesn't take prisoners! We all get shit days - just don't have too many - and keep us informed.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• You keep using that "gob" babe we sre fighting for ourselves so we have to be heard.

My veins suffered like that and i still have a bruise on my arm from my first Chemo in Sept 09.

Keep asking questions until you get the answer xx

mavis