Kezzerbird, Charlotte and Mr Crickets reprieve!!!!!

1 minute read time.

I have to say that I would love to put a picture of Charlotte on here but I won't  because debs will come looking for me and she will after finding a chair to stand on, will head butt me and even through I am a bouncer i know that would hurt because she has 4 bolts in her bounce !!!! LOL.....well after chasing 2 crickets around their small tank for Charlottes supper and feeling guilty for doing so, I left her to dine and went to bed, knowing I had to be up early for my weekly poison session (10 hours of it!) I didn't have time to see if she had eaten them so off I went to the hospital. On my return at 7pm I checked Charlotte and there frantically trying to swim in her water dish was one cricket, I couldn't find the other one...anyway I pulled out Mr Cricket and decided that he deserved a reprieve and put him back in the cricket tank with his mates, I am sure I heard him say 'S**t guys that was a close call!' Now the word has got around the cricket tank, I think there will be a mass exodus next time I try to feed Charotte, not that I blame them!!!!!......My boss came into the chemo centre for a couple of hours yesterday and she met my oncologist, he shook her hand and said 'How the hell do you put up with this one (charming eh!!!) her reply was a cracker, she said to him 'Well hurry up and get her better because I miss her and want her back to work and then you won't have to put up with her, will you' he walked away laughing. i expect to start going down hill rapidly but i am ok, I have chemo next week again, so don't worry, you should know know the BIRD doesn't keep quiet for long, so the nexxt thrilling installment will follow soon. Tonight I have to give Monty (my python) a mouse after I thaw one out for him, he hasn't eaten for months, he has just shed his skin, well I wouldn't call it shedding, he kind of expodes there is snake skin every where in his tank. Love and hugs to those that want them.....Carol the weird and wonderful Kezzerbird xxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

ha ha Carol, you are lucky mate....firstly I don't do much climbing since surgery - I was told no ladders by the neuro surgeon and obviously I use this to my advantage when I need something high up or dusting the cobwebs etc - Ohhhhhh poor me can't use ladders darling  but I managed to hang all the xmas decs....don't know how ;)   Second reason you are lucky is the area around my bride of frankenstein bolts is still very tender, 1.5 years later.  If I push em etc they hurt - yeah yeah so don't bloody push em I hear ya yell :P

But I am very grateful for you not putting pics - although you could just leave a note in the title like (graphic arachnid pics beware) and those of us who are not fond of the 8 legged beasties can avoid it, whilst all the nosey ones can enjoy Charlotte.

Seems like you and your boss are very much on the same wavelength...gawd help the naughty clubgoers LOL  

Hope the chemo plays as nice as chemo can and take care my weird and wonderful friend.

Love & Strength

Debs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh Debs.... you are a diamond, Drew is too but he wares a vest and keeps oranges in his stoma bag!!!! xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol,

I really enjoy reading your blogs but, like Debs, do have to say if you are putting pics of Charlotte on here, please put a warning!  I vacate rooms at the speed of light if an arachnid scurries across the rug. My poor husband recognises the way I scream his name that  he needs to go on a spider hunt.

I love the name Charlotte, but find reading the book hard, I always end in up in tears. I did make the mistake of reading it to my class of 8 - 9 year olds a few years back, with a box of tissues available for me, and one for them!!! Hope the chemo isn't taking too much out of you.

Love kathxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol, you put the cricket back???????? Better watch or you'll be getting the name of being a softie and all the crickets will be giving you their puppy dog eyes!

Take care. Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've just got some funny looks from collegaues as I almost choked on my lunch from laughing at the cricket antics. And here's me thinking cricket was boring!

Glad the chemo hasn't laid you too low this time Carol - lots of love coming your way, Val X