Kezzerbird, Canal...The Return part 5

1 minute read time.

Kev hasn’t even held my hand so far, I feel invisible most of the time. He said he thinks he is protecting himself from getting hurt. He is a cancerian and has retreated into his shell, he won’t go forwards, only sideways.

I made a promise to him last year, I said I would fight my cancers with everything I had…..I kept my promise and I am 7 months into remission, he will loose me, not because of the cancer though but because not many people get a second chance to enjoy life together,no matter the length of time that may be and he doesn’t want to know, how sad.

Friday 9th October 2009

We walked for two hours around the mere this morning and it was beautiful….memories of child hood sprouted, as under-foot were thousand of conkers strewn everywhere. We sat down near the shore and watched the swans preening themselves, occasionally rising from the water to stretch, majestic in form, beauty and grace. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ‘ansome’.

Flocks of Canada geese taking to flight, forming a diamond pattern in the sunlit sky above.

Close by a tree was an overhanging branch that someone had attached a swing too, it was a rope with a branch for a seat, on one side the blue nylon rope dangled to the floor and Summit amused herself pulling on the rope.

Saturday 10th Oct

It was down the canal a short way to the turning point so we could head back to the Ellesmere Arm and the launderette due to muddy paw prints plastered across everything!

While Kev is at the launderette, Summit is asleep and I sat writing this. I can’t help wondering how Drew is after is op and how Pusspins is, what was Debs having for tea and was kate still doing well on her chemo

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi carol

i cant really comment on the guy thing, I have been single for 10 years, but I have the best friend in the world, and I dont miss the heartache of trying to second guess the mood/mind of a bloke!

if i need to share things my mate is there. if i need to cry or whinge she is there. yes there are some things ( the obvious) that i dont get but on reflection, I think that I have a lot less hassle than i had when i was living with my ex!

not everything revolves around having a relationship, think about what you want out of life!

sue