Kezzerbird, Canal...The Return part 5

1 minute read time.

Kev hasn’t even held my hand so far, I feel invisible most of the time. He said he thinks he is protecting himself from getting hurt. He is a cancerian and has retreated into his shell, he won’t go forwards, only sideways.

I made a promise to him last year, I said I would fight my cancers with everything I had…..I kept my promise and I am 7 months into remission, he will loose me, not because of the cancer though but because not many people get a second chance to enjoy life together,no matter the length of time that may be and he doesn’t want to know, how sad.

Friday 9th October 2009

We walked for two hours around the mere this morning and it was beautiful….memories of child hood sprouted, as under-foot were thousand of conkers strewn everywhere. We sat down near the shore and watched the swans preening themselves, occasionally rising from the water to stretch, majestic in form, beauty and grace. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh ‘ansome’.

Flocks of Canada geese taking to flight, forming a diamond pattern in the sunlit sky above.

Close by a tree was an overhanging branch that someone had attached a swing too, it was a rope with a branch for a seat, on one side the blue nylon rope dangled to the floor and Summit amused herself pulling on the rope.

Saturday 10th Oct

It was down the canal a short way to the turning point so we could head back to the Ellesmere Arm and the launderette due to muddy paw prints plastered across everything!

While Kev is at the launderette, Summit is asleep and I sat writing this. I can’t help wondering how Drew is after is op and how Pusspins is, what was Debs having for tea and was kate still doing well on her chemo

Anonymous
  • Men are such weird creatures. Prompt from the men on here to disagree.

Tis true that having been all through our treatments we deserve to live life to the full.

I love the last picture.

Love

Sue x x x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Beautiful pictures my handsome, perhaps some men are weird, but mostly they are frightened, I have seen cancer from both sides now, having lost my late wife 15 years ago and now a sufferer myself, but I can remember in the early stages not knowing what to do for the best, but I am feeling for you,

Just look for the peace and serenity in your lovely photographs. take care,

Tony x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Kez, you have fought so hard to get

where you are today, you deserve all

the happiness and love you anker for.

Hard thou it will be you know if your

man cant be open about what he is

feeling and why he cant give you the

love and attention you crave then you

have to get on with the second chance

of life before you, you deserve to now

demand honesty, after all you kept your

side of  the promise.

With Love Lucy Lee.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

You deserve all your heart desires, go for it girl, whateve that might be! Love Julie XXXXXXX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol, I am not gonna lecture the "bouncer" on how to deal with grown men ;)

I adore that last photo, its truly a sight for sore eyes.

I hope that daft crab (I am a cancerian too) comes to his senses PDQ!

Thanks for the mention, I feel like WN Royalty now LOL

Love

Debs xx