Kezzerbird and the Boat!

2 minute read time.
Hi guys.........It's the looney Kezzerbird. I thought I'd write something about my holiday before my 7th chemo kicks in and turns my brain to mush yet again! Kev and I spent two fantastic weeks in a narrowboat called Elvind (we have this same boat every year and have done this for the last 5 years, coz we is sad!) on the Llangollen canel in North Wales. Has soon as we set foot on the boat, the last 7 months of hell dissapeared and we both felt so relaxed, contented and happy, it was a shear joy to be there and together. Because we have no idea of what my future is, this holiday was treated like it could be our last one together and that made it even more special. We cracked open a bottle of champayne going over the Pontcyllte Aquaduct, 127 feet up in the air and the toast was CANCER GO AWAY (not quite the terminology used, use your imagination!). I don't think that in almost 10 years of being together that we have laughted so much and we have become best friends again. There was an amazing sense of peace just sitting there watching the world go by, just peace and quiet,escapism in the extreme, being left alone, no one intruding in your life unless invited, no doctors, nurses, needles and no damn hospitals! I decided to opt out of having cancer, just for 2 weeks and have some control over my life, I refused to be ill and I wasn't, I knew I needed to put weight on and did (I ATE ALL THE PIES IN WALES!) I choose to do some walking, which I haven't been able to do and did and I decided to be me again and was, it was great. I got quiet close to being normal (whatever normal is) just a few things gave it away, like removing my wig and Henry my stoma knocking out golf balls for most of the time! I know I am very lucky to be able to go on holiday and for me it did more good than any other treatment I've had, Kev is booking another week in the spring and our usual fortnight in the autumn and I shall be going, no two ways about that my friends. We left the boat on the sunday to travel home, both not wanting to, knowing that I was back in hospital on Monday for fluids followed by chemo and back to the fight my cancer again, but all good things must come to an end at some point, so we must get on with it. Saw my consultant and he's giving me another 3 chemos even before I have had my CT scan on the 4th Nov. BRING IT ON so I shall be kicking cancers butt yet again, but this time I am stronger, happier and healthier than I've been for awhile. I have my goals and intend to stick to them coz I am the Kezzerbird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love and hugs to all,especially Kate, Penny and Steffy and yes Monty is fine X
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for the clarification Carol - my own chemo brain is working overtime [or undertime, I'm not sure?!].  Being a bear of little brain, I misread your original posting!  Anyway, by now you've had your scan so I hope that went really well - when will you get your results?  Let's hope for really good news this time, particularly as you're having such horrible chemo.  I just have one more infusion to go but am not sure when I will be having it - I'm booked in for 21 November, but as I was deferred 4 times last cycle the oncologist has told me not to be too disappointed if it has to be put off again.  I'm trying to be phlegmatic but I'm just so longing for it all to be over.  Anyway - enough for now!  Please let us know as soon as you get your results!  Every finger and toe is crossed for you - I'd even tie a knot in Monty's tail!   Lots of love, Kate xx