Coming back to Life

2 minute read time.
Hi guys....................No the Kezzerbird has not fallen off the face of the earth!!!!! Two things really to say..... one an update (for those who don,t know me see my profile and blogs) I am still in steady remission and have to see my consultant in 3 months instead of every six weeks. My hair which was thick straight brown and long before cancer is coming back thick wavy and curly with multi tones and not a grey hair to be seen (right on!!!!) My weight is stable and I am now a size 12 which I was before rather than a size 6 I didn't right has a supermodel! My brain is beginning to function again after 10 chemos and I am off all medication.............just goes to show you that amazing things can happen, I am coming back to life, how I will never know. A lovely mate said God didn't want you, nor did the Devil, so we are stuck with you!!!!!!!! I have been left with arthrictic symtoms, which a consultant (my favorite consultant took the day off, proberly cause he saw my name on his list) and told me that Taxol can cause these symtoms which will go, but he said it can take years, I pointed out to him they have to be gone by October as I am going back to work, no matter what (female bouncer!) I have been catching up with jobs around the house that haven't been done, loosing that year out of my life as left me with loads to do and where everything was a chore, now everything I do is great and seeing that twice I nearly lost my battle, I feel thankful to have a second chance, I don't know how long I have (I have a 50% chance of cancer returning BUT that means I have a 50% chance of it not coming back) I am off on my motorbike again and causing havock where ever I go.....................so never give up, I know that isn't always that easy, I myself had enough and just wanted to die and nearly did, I wanted to stop treatment but I kicked my own backside and fought like crazy. I am lucky I know. The second thing is I am doing the Race for Life this sunday at The Eden Project in Cornwall, I can't run so I shall power walk it, I may have to power crawl it..............my strength is coming back slowly in my muscles.............if anyone would like to sponser me that would be great, if not that too is fine, the website is offical and is......................................... http://www.raceforlifesponsorme/carolpemberton I have raise £300 pounds so far, I left it a little late to enter because I didn't know if I would be well enough to take part but every penny counts and people are raising money all over the country for this cause and I know without that, I wouldn't be here today. To save just one life from this hell is great,,,,,,,,,,,,,to help save thousands is beyond amazing. Thanks guys and like always................a big hug to those that want them. Love Carol xxxxxx I am just a cog in the gearbox of the world
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol, you sound in fine fettle. Life is on the up for you now all the best , love Julesx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi, congratulations on doing so well, good luck on the race for life, I did it in sunderland a few weeks ago, what a great day, very emotional, (totally knackered after) but what a sense of achievement it is, so enjoy the day,

take care viv

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi ,

your blog has just given me such a lift i was only diagnosed with

foillicular lymphoma on thursday of this week ,so am pretty much a newbie to this

whole thing not knowing what to expect, one minute thinking i'll be fine the next

i'm going to die but your story lifted my spirits so much.

i was actually tested for ovarian cancer

at one point as i was showing many symtoms of that, my dr said out of the two

the one i got is a much better one to have ,so if you can kick ovarian cancers backside in to touch

i'm sure going to give it my best shot and beat this lymphoma.

i'm so so pleased you are now on the road to recovery which means you can get back on the road on your bike

i'm married to a biker so now the fun you get out of it:O)

you get out and life life to the full ,you sure as hell deserve it after what you been thro.

big big hugs trudy xxxx

ps - i love what your friend said to you *God didn't want you, nor did the Devil, so we are stuck with you !!!! lol

what are friends for hey :O)*

xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol - missed your blogs.  Good luck with the Race for Life.

Carol xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello,

Just to catch up with everyone. I was on this site last year going through my own year of hell with Chemo, operation, then Radiotherapy as you all have/are doing. I am now having Arimidex teatment, hair which was thick and strong before all this is now just like a baby's, all fluffy and like candyfloss but hey, it's hair, who cares, I'm just thankful I have some, not much but every little strand helps. I still have days when I feel totally whacked but now these are getting fewer. I had such wonderful support from all my friends and family and this site. During those long dark painful nights ( you all know those) when I felt like just giving up I thought of all the support and I just could not let everyone down, so I kept on going, it was hard but many tears later, I got there!.

I had bad side effects from chemo, and radio, that affected my heart, but after all the turmoil I'm up and running ( well, not actually running, just ambling) and it's great.

But, what now? yes, I do feel somewhat down at times and feel guilty admitting it but it's very weird, I don't feel one thing or the other really. It is just like I have crossed over a huge mountain and feel somewhat lost on the other side. I have side effects from the Arimidex too, very painful joints and swelling of the ankle and I feel like I have aged 20 years; when I told my onco he just said that it was a sign of the medication working. I have to take this stuff for the next five years so am I in remission now or will it be then, can anyone answer that question for me please? My cancer was very aggressive and was 8cm big by the time they were able to remove it and now I'm considering breast re-construction, has anyone any advice on that also?

Emma