Finally made it!

Less than one minute read time.

Just want to let you know that I landed in Edinburgh on Thursday morning at 8:10am and I was in Glasgow sitting beside Jan at the Beatson by noon. Thought I did well with that considering I had no real plan set to get here from the airport...lol

I am here (Beatson) with Jan now...we deceided to have a feeding tube put in after I arrived yesterday because Jan was having major problems swallowing and her weight was dropping. I would like to get her home for a day or 3 but her doctor(s) won't let her out until she starts getting her strength up a bit. She is ok but her mouth is sore and she has developed some nasty ulcers. The truth is...I think she will be in here for the remainder of her treatment because the next 3 weeks are going to be rough and at least here she has the care she will need. I'll be here with her as much as the hospital allows....and I'll sneek in when they don't allow me in....lol The staff is great here and I am getting a wee bit of special treatment (they ignor that I'm here past visiting hours...lol)

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Breathe deep the Scottish air and think of us exiles in far away lands dreaming of the glens and becks.

Best wishes to you and yours

Charles

Australia

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ken,

Have only just read your post and I am so glad that you are with Jan. This should give her a big boost and make things more bearable. I hope everything goes well in the weeks ahead and that you can sneak into the hospital whenever you like!

Lots of love and hugs,

lizzie xx