Kath's Cervical cancer blog

• 4 Feb Operation

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all, 

I spoke to the doctor today and it seems like they are still going to to the lymphectomy and examination under anaesthetic (EUA) on the 4th. 

It seems the second opinion didn't pass muster at the multi-disciplinary meeting, and it is still being treated as invasive cancer. Boo Hisss... is all I can say. 

Anyway, I got a full run-down of this operation last week at the Marsden. It will be robotic and laproscopic…

• Thanks for the comments!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I do greatly appreciate the effort it takes to comment! Not sure why they make it so hard... but it seems the joy of achieving it is working for you all. :)

Good news today! We have 9 little embryos in the freezer. We didn't get a quality report as it's quite early to freeze them, but they do as we aren't trying to select the best one for a fresh cycle. Apparently the embryos are more stable at 1 day, so we will take…

• Quick Update

FormerMember
    FormerMember

EC day today. Things went fine, and we will find out tomorrow the results. 

Few minor issues at the hospital, like missing blood tests, missing my vein with the sedative, but otherwise ok.

Got out after 2 (arrived at 7!) so pretty tired this afternoon. Things went well, but I feel a bit flat after all the excitement.

I missed one test with my list on the last post. They also did a nasal swab which actually came back…

• Test updates

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, 

Lots of tests going on this week, so a quick update.

MRI:

Test: MRI was at The Royal Marsden in Surrey on Wednesday. This was a special type of MRI to get a better view of the cervix. Best not to know too much about how that was done!  

Result: Small tumor still remaining. Sort of expected, but there was always a chance the tumor has been destroyed by the healing process after the cone biopsy. Even if there was…

• The value of a second opinion

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm slightly hesitant to write this, as it feels like tempting fate, but on Friday there was what could be really good news from a second opinion. 

My new doctor sent my biopsy report to a more senior pathologist, and he had a different opinion. 

A diagram to help:

As mentioned, I have squamous cell cancer, but it was also determined that it had passed through the basal membrane (see above), and therefore it…