KateG's blog

• Sharry M's Funeral

Today Sharry's many friends gathered to say good-bye to a very special lady. The crematorium was full to bursting with; her husband, Terry and two daughters: Louisa and Emma, bridge-playing friends, Mensa friends, quizing friends, 'What Now?' (the predecessor of this site) friends which included me and Foxylady. It was a humanist ceremony which included tributes from her family (very bravely spoken) and music and poetry…

• Sharry's Funeral

Today Sharry's many friends gathered to say good-bye to a very special lady. The crematorium was full to bursting with; her husband, Terry and two daughters: Louisa and Emma, bridge-playing friends, Mensa friends, quizing friends, 'What Now?' (the predecessor of this site) friends which included me and Foxylady. It was a humanist ceremony which included tributes from her family (very bravely spoken) and music and poetry…

• Mammogram - ouch... ouch... ouch!

Three years since my surgery for breast cancer and my third post-surgery mammogram... and it doesn't get any better - it still bloody well hurts! At least this time the radiographer was nice, in that whilst she was mangling my (already mangled) boob in the 'vice' she did it slowly - the clamp was lowered slowly rather than 'biting' like a Rottweiler!  As my cancer was originally found by a routine mammogram…

• My computer had a tantrum!

For the last few days my computer has been having a 'hissy fit'.... and what is worse, it has been telling LIES! I had messages telling me 'a network cable is unplugged'. No, it bl**dy well was not! I pushed plugs in, I pulled plugs out, I did a number of re-boots... all to no avail. All this ******* is to explain my reasons for not replying to posts by my friends.

KateG

• Problems with the site - SOLVED!

I have discovered WHY all the blog and forum listings showed 'old' entries. Looking at the left-hand side of the page there is a menu listing exactly what you want to see on the site - I always ticked the 'all' box but the menu had jumped to 'fund-raising', hence my mix of (mainly) old entries.

If you are having similar problems, take a look - the same thing may have happened to you!

My best…