Mammogram - ouch... ouch... ouch!

Less than one minute read time.

Three years since my surgery for breast cancer and my third post-surgery mammogram... and it doesn't get any better - it still bloody well hurts! At least this time the radiographer was nice, in that whilst she was mangling my (already mangled) boob in the 'vice' she did it slowly - the clamp was lowered slowly rather than 'biting' like a Rottweiler!  As my cancer was originally found by a routine mammogram I know the value of regular screening so I know I shouldn't complain - I know I should be grateful, but I DO wish they found a less painful method of screening.

KateG

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Kate,

Talk about bringing tears to your eyes! Until I had a mammogram, I didn't know just how much a breast could be squashed. Still, if it saves lives it is worth it. Hope the results are absolutely fine.

Take care,

Love lizzie xx

• Sarsfield - thank heaven I'm a woman; there was a man on this site with the 'name' of 'Thrup' who had breast cancer. He, being a man ,had very little to squeeze, and said it was virtually impossible to squash what little he had into the 'vice'.

KateG

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I don't get them anymore due to the mets, but ouch ouch ouch, even worse after reconstruction......at least your done for another year, and yes your right it must be horrible for men too, people do forget that men get it too

Xoxoxoxooxo