Joined up thinking! (My ar***!)

Less than one minute read time.

Just a quick moan about hospital inefficiency. A precis: I have severe back pain - onc recommends bone scan. Bone scan results - something nasty (but unidentified) in the woodshed. Onc orders an MRI and makes an appointment to tell me the results of said MRI on 1st April. I get a letter today telling me my MRI is booked for 8th April. Doh!

Sorry - just had to get that off my chest.

KateG

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

You poor sausage!  Hope it all gets sorted soon - it's inadmissible to leave you in so much pain for so long xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Kath

This is you - who else is going to fight for you. Call the Onc's secretary to see if she's spoken to them yet. Then call back in an hour to see what the delay is. Repeat as above . . .  You are special, you are worth fighting for, go girl.

You don't deserve to be in pain and worry for so long, thinking of you as always

love and gentle hugs

Sharry x

• Did as I was told by Sharry and got a result. Of course it wasn't the one I wanted but blame: Easter holidays, Oncologist being abroad, and other general inefficiencies! So now it is MRI on 8th April and results on the 13th. I think I will stay in bed until then LOL.

Thank you all for your support.

KateG

• and the lesson is ignore the onc and his secretary and go direct to xray and make the appointments clerk feel bad and blame the nurse for not marking it urgent.

sorry it was not as quick as you wanted but you do learn if you don't shout loud no one else will.

Take care

john

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

A while back - I had a scan booked for kidney area and another for neck, thorax bit - with a week apart in two different hospitals.  

I suggested that they do both at the same time, to save money and me having to go twice.

"Oohh, that's a good idea", she said.

It makes you wonder - up here for thinking, down there for dancing!