Joined up thinking! (My ar***!)

Less than one minute read time.

Just a quick moan about hospital inefficiency. A precis: I have severe back pain - onc recommends bone scan. Bone scan results - something nasty (but unidentified) in the woodshed. Onc orders an MRI and makes an appointment to tell me the results of said MRI on 1st April. I get a letter today telling me my MRI is booked for 8th April. Doh!

Sorry - just had to get that off my chest.

KateG

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

You seem surprised!

This is the NHS

jo :-)

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh deja vu!  My onc made an appt for end of 22nd Jan to give my brain MRI results - didn't get the scan till 4th Feb!

So I understand your frustration my friend.  Ended up getting my results on Feb 12th!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Kate and keep counting to 10 ;) xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Private is no better. I have been private up until this week. now asked to go NHS as I have been waiting 4 1/2 weeks for results of second biopsy and the consultant I was seeing (who is a dermatologist) said that I didn't need to see an onc because he could cope himself!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I wouldn't want the engine on my car changed by a tyre fitter!!!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

All adds to the stress Kate eh? If only they understood what extra worry they cause. Perhaps they are the lucky ones whe have never known anyone with Cancer.

Love and Courage,

Tricia. X

• Hi Kate

I phoned the scan team when I was waiting for mine and said I could get to the hospital quickly if they had a late cancellation.

I had a call the next day for 8 15 the next morning.

Worth a try.

Sue xxxxxxx