Bananas - 1 Rottweilers - 0

Less than one minute read time.

WinkLast year I wrote a blog post entitled 'Rottweiler under the Duvet' where I described having severe night cramps. Well... I accidentally found the cure - Bananas!  One of my medications dictates it has to be taken early in the morning with food and as I don't much feel like munching breakfast at 6am I have been eating a banana. It took me a while to join the dots but I suddenly realised - wow, no night cramps.

And the moral of this story is... 'A Banana a day keeps the Rottweiler away!' 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Nothing wrong with Rottweilers,Kate, i have two, when they lie on my bed, they keep my legs, nice and warm.Joking aside, i'm pleased you found your cure, if only everything was that simple xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

How fab!  Tell your oncol to spread the word...wonder what it is about the bananas?  They're supposed to be potassium-loaded, but otherwise who knows...

I SENT YOU AN EMAIL TO YOUR PRIVATE ADDRESS!!!  Hope you got it; would like to see you this month.

Catriona xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

That's great Kate, certainly worth a try for anyone suffering from cramps.  I get a lot of night cramps and found that drinking tonic water did help, but shall try the banana cure for a change.

Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Kate,

Easy on the bananas.  Mike had a few the day before his bloods a while back and they couldn't do his regular chemo due to the high potassium levels.

Say hello to B & C for us.